Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1981 - 2000 of 2046 Posts

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
734 Posts
Just trying to keep you honest. I read about the cars in the other posts. My father had a 71 Duster with a 3 on the column shift. It was the only car that I ever got sick from riding in, and then it was only if I rode in the back seat. We never could figure out why.
The ex and I had a 1972 gold duster with the 225 slant 6. It was just under $2300.00 brand new.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The Duster should only have the 340 motor! More power is a good thing!

Reactions: Brad_G

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,500 Posts
Now I'm confusicated. Does it need to be a station wagon? Or just any 70's land yacht?

Reactions: Boog

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
"a 1970's Era Land Yacht or Station Wagon"

·
Registered
684 Posts
"a 1970's Era Land Yacht or Station Wagon"
That's what I learned to drive with. 1968 Ford Country Squire LTD Station Wagon. It had the 390 CI engine and four wheel drum brakes. Those two features really shouldn't be put together. I've had the car over 100 mph. Fade out with drum brakes above 55 mph is a real thing. It took a while to get the car slowed down enough that it finally decided it was time to stop.

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
I love this picture. That is a land yacht. I guess we have to decide if pictures from the past can be used. We approved Jspree with the gas lamp and bike and lesblank got the target also. How about after three weeks an old picture will suffice to keep the thread going? I think scootersage should pick a target. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
I would of thought that also but I have looked at Craigslist and Autotrader. Googled car shows didn't come up with anything. Kept a camera with me in parking lots and found nothing.

·
Registered
99 Roadie
591 Posts
Ive been out three sundays in a row and haven't seen one on the road let alone one l could get a pic with.
Three week rule sounds good.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The old picture is good to me, we used it for the gas lamp, so @scootersage needs to name the new target. I have seen the convertibles come out here because of blue skies and 80's

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
734 Posts
no that isn't for that I just put it up as an intro. It is not a 70's. I have been out looking for the target.

·
Registered
2009 VStar 950 Tour XVS95C 87678 Miles
28 Posts
My first ride was a VW Bug, my first real American car was a 1970 Forest Green Ford LTD with a big block and Cast iron 400 Turbo transmission. Laid the sets back on date night and got lost a few times.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
Now I need to find were it's at. There's pictures of the sign, but no location.

1981 - 2000 of 2046 Posts