Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

2001 - 2020 of 2046 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
I thought for sure someone would get this as I was waiting to upload my video. You can't stop on the bridge so I took a video Leaving Sacramento at about 50 and entering at about 2:00. Pop.418,000 elevation 25ft. Next is a twofer the first one is almost impossible but I saw one this week. A bookmobile if you get this one I will send you a prize. The next one is a waterfall.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
So bookmobile and a waterfall? Or one or the other with bookmobile getting a prize?

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
I happened to see a bookmobile last week. First time in about fifty years so I did not want to hold up the hunt. You are right if you get the waterfall pick a new target if you get the bookmobile you get a prize and it is a pretty good one.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
734 Posts
I happened to see a bookmobile last week. First time in about fifty years so I did not want to hold up the hunt. You are right if you get the waterfall pick a new target if you get the bookmobile you get a prize and it is a pretty good one.
I am passing on the waterfall as there is one up the street. Trying to catch the Bookmobile. Has anyone else noticed the little free libraries "Take a Book Leave a Book" little house's on a pole. They are popping up in neighborhoods all over.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am passing on the waterfall as there is one up the street. Trying to catch the Bookmobile. Has anyone else noticed the little free libraries "Take a Book Leave a Book" little house's on a pole. They are popping up in neighborhoods all over.
We've had them around here for years. That would make a good future challenge.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,009
So is the bookmobile prize going to continue to stand even after the waterfall target is accomplished? I kind of like the prize idea. We could come up with a list of 5 or so near impossible targets and offer a little something for each. Where would the funds come from though? It wouldn't be right to ask one person to buy the prizes and ship them. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
I've given away two prizes so far for various things. I think they were very happy with them. On this one if they get the waterfall first they pick a target if they get the bookmobile first they get to pick a target and get a prize. If someone gets the waterfall first I will still give a prize for the bookmobile but they won't get to pick a target. Here is one of the prizes but the new one is VStar related.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've given away two prizes so far for various things. I think they were very happy with them. On this one if they get the waterfall first they pick a target if they get the bookmobile first they get to pick a target and get a prize. If someone gets the waterfall first I will still give a prize for the bookmobile but they won't get to pick a target. Here is one of the prizes but the new one is VStar related.
View attachment 104852
I got one of the prizes last year and it was really awesome to win it! I’d be willing to send in some funds with Venmo or Apple Pay if someone wants to be the prize keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,895 Posts
I think so. No water falls or bookmobiles in Houston. So I'm waiting for the next one.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Bookmobile gets you a prize. Waterfall works also but no prize.
I've given away two prizes so far for various things. I think they were very happy with them. On this one if they get the waterfall first they pick a target if they get the bookmobile first they get to pick a target and get a prize. If someone gets the waterfall first I will still give a prize for the bookmobile but they won't get to pick a target.

·
10,895 Posts
Well, you have the Gerald D. HInes Waterwall fairly close, if you want to brave the traffic around the Galleria. Not for me....too chicken.
I don't mind the ride, and thought about it, but it's man-made. Might be wrong but thought the intent was a natural one. If fake one is ok, I'll get my water hose out. :LOL:

2001 - 2020 of 2046 Posts