Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2375 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That’s really cool. I’ve been watching “For All Mankind” on AppleTV about the space race in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. This last season they had the shuttles on it. I vividly remember those from growing up in Florida in the 80’s watching them launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
Too Cool! What is the next target?

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
That’s really cool. I’ve been watching “For All Mankind” on AppleTV about the space race in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. This last season they had the shuttles on it. I vividly remember those from growing up in Florida in the 80’s watching them launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still makes me mad that we got the mock up while NYC got a real shuttle. Political shenanigans through and through. I mean, which area contributed more to the program? Oh well, sour grapes never tasted good and still don't......

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Let's make the next target back to the food theme: a restaurant/eatery that is only open for breakfast, or lunch or breakfast and lunch. Might need two pictures to see your bike and the establishment's hours. Bonus points if it is open when get your pics.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts

·
11,819 Posts
Next target: a gazebo within sight of water
The way my weather has been, does rain count as water? Just kidding, but @AlanRides, gotta admit, we've had our share of rain resently. Interesting target.

Reactions: AlanRides

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
The way my weather has been, does rain count as water? Just kidding, but @AlanRides, gotta admit, we've had our share of rain resently. Interesting target.
Actually, after I posted the target and was riding home I got to thinking that some of our resident wise guys might just play that angle and have a hose/sprinkler spraying on their back yard gazebo. So I'd like to take the liberty to clarify "water" to mean "body of water", i.e. river, lake, pond, creek, bayou, ocean, etc.

Too true about the rain all along the Gulf Coast......I didn't get rain on a ride today for the first time since May.

·
11,819 Posts
Are you insinuating I'm a smarta$$? If you are, correct!! I work had at it, but have fun. My poor employees have to put up with me daily. Sorta funny, when I'm at the final stages of hiring someone, I warn them about my off the wall humour. When one of my employees forgets to do something, I usually get a sorry from them. So I tell them I'm sorry for you not getting a paycheck next week, I just forgot to do it, usually breaks them of forgot things pretty quickly. No, I've never done it, the idea is usually enough for them to get the picture. My wife just gives me "that look", I quickly shut up and retreat.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Are you insinuating I'm a smarta$$? If you are, correct!! I work had at it, but have fun. My poor employees have to put up with me daily. Sorta funny, when I'm at the final stages of hiring someone, I warn them about my off the wall humour. When one of my employees forgets to do something, I usually get a sorry from them. So I tell them I'm sorry for you not getting a paycheck next week, I just forgot to do it, usually breaks them of forgot things pretty quickly. No, I've never done it, the idea is usually enough for them to get the picture. My wife just gives me "that look", I quickly shut up and retreat.
Well, if the shoe fits, you must convict.......to paraphrase a famous quote. But, have no fear, you are certainly not alone on this forum, there are a multitude of names here that can be applied to that description. LOL.

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
" Well, if the shoe fits, you must convict.......to paraphrase a famous quote. But, have no fear, you are certainly not alone on this forum, there are a multitude of names here that can be applied to that description. LOL. "
Jspree

2281 - 2300 of 2375 Posts