Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2541 - 2560 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Most common internet font sets include the ¢ symbol (or some character close to it) and can be accessed by holding the "Alt" key whilst typing 0162 on the keypad (it has to be on the keypad, not the numbers across the top of the keyboard). It is part of the ASCII characters which some of old timers got used to before the Windows operating system came to be.

The "degree" symbol ° is Alt 0176

You can use the character map program on your computer and find all kinds of goodies.
I remember writing a program for a FORTRAN Class I was taking. The output from the computer was on a printed sheet, there was no display. I stared at the thing for days trying to find my error, but couldn't. The ASCII character for the numeral 1 across the top of the keys is different than the ASCII cahracter for the numeral 1 on the number pad but looking at the printout, they look the same. As soon as I changed which numeral 1 key I used, the program ran without a hitch.

Reactions: Boog and AlanRides

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
I remember writing a program for a FORTRAN Class I was taking. The output from the computer was on a printed sheet, there was no display. I stared at the thing for days trying to find my error, but couldn't. The ASCII character for the numeral 1 across the top of the keys is different than the ASCII cahracter for the numeral 1 on the number pad but looking at the printout, they look the same. As soon as I changed which numeral 1 key I used, the program ran without a hitch.
Ahhh, the "good" old days.......not :LOL:

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
In my part of the world there are no longer any stand alone Covid testing sites. Every WalMart, Target and grocery store with a pharmacy is testing, and also drug stores and health clinics. So, unless I can find a store that will let me ride in to their pharmacy counter I will happily sit this one out, because that will mean the Covid isn't running wild in the streets and creating a need for stand alone test sites.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,212 Posts
In my part of the world there are no longer any stand alone Covid testing sites. Every WalMart, Target and grocery store with a pharmacy is testing, and also drug stores and health clinics. So, unless I can find a store that will let me ride in to their pharmacy counter I will happily sit this one out, because that will mean the Covid isn't running wild in the streets and creating a need for stand alone test sites.
Do they have a sign out front that tell they are a Covid test site? If so, you are golden...
But I do like the idea of your bike inside, that would rock and make you a legend!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,913 Posts
Tis the season, so ...

Your bike at a charity toy drive event. Like Toys for Tots, Spark of Love, etc. I'm thinking mostly of the event style collections, but something simple like fire station or employee collections would be okay too.

Extra points if you are dropping off a toy.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,913 Posts
Good!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
@Boog, I'm sure you can find Karl Marx around there somewhere. :p
I will do better brother. I have one in mind if no one has gotten this before I get home.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,913 Posts
Groucho Marx would work too ...

• Haha
Reactions: Yamaha Pat and Boog
2541 - 2560 of 2594 Posts