Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2561 - 2580 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,212 Posts
I think this should work: Ira Hayes, Harold Schultz (identified in June 2016), Michael Strank, Franklin Sousley, Harold Keller (identified in 2019), and Harlon Block.
Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Plant Tire Fuel tank Sky Wheel

Nice challenge, your bike in front of an Ice Cream shop.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,913 Posts
Very nice @Boog . I am currently reading the book 'Flags of our Fathers' by James Bradley. Later was a film by Clint Eastwood.

At the time, John Bradley, father of the author, was identified as one of the flag raisers. He wrote the book based on boxes of inherited papers found in his fathers office. Now the historical record has changed. I do not know how, or if, that will be reconciled in the book. I'm only in a few chapters.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Very nice @Boog . I am currently reading the book 'Flags of our Fathers' by James Bradley. I'm only in a few chapters.
I had no idea you served in the Pacific during WW II. You look pretty good for a man of your age; still riding bikes too.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,182 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

If this works, next, your bike next to a snowman bigger than your bike. Yes, an inflatable one will work.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,212 Posts
Alas, Inflatable Snowmen are the only thing we are allowed here. That was a quick find Les.

Reactions: lesblank

·
13,182 Posts

·
13,182 Posts
Y’all are just jealous I can eat ice cream every night and not gain a pound. Yes, I’ve seen some of you and sweets should be banned from your diet. Just saying. ;)

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
Y’all are just jealous I can eat ice cream every night and not gain a pound. Yes, I’ve seen some of you and sweets should be banned from your diet. Just saying. ;)
True, and true.

But I figure that freak of nature metabolism of yours is God's way of saying "sorry" for not letting your feet touch the floor when you sit at the grownups' table at Thanksgiving...

Ok, I'll stop now and go have a bowl of ice cream and put on a couple of pounds in preparation for my upcoming Christmas dinner gluttony..........

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
Found a couple of snowmen......in nearly 70° weather no less.

Plant Motor vehicle Sky Automotive tire Automotive exterior

No safe place to pull over, so hopefully the GoPro capture is sufficient. There were vehicles behind me and you can see the snow man kind of popped up out of nowhere.
Sky Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Infrastructure

If approved, next target, since ice cream got me thinking sweet thoughts, is a candy store.

·
13,182 Posts
What kind or candy did you buy us? :happyguys:

·
Super Moderator
4,648 Posts
Not much of a sweet tooth. I prefer salty. Plus I was parked illegally.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
423 Posts
Next target: a helicopter, but not at an airport or helipad. A helicopter "in the wild", so to speak. It doesn't have to be a functional helicopter, like have its rotors, etc, but at least be recognizable as a one time operational helicopter.

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
FYI this Vietnam era Chopper is actually functional and does fly during certain Vetren events. It sits at a helicopter crop dusting company.

2561 - 2580 of 2594 Posts