Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2822 Posts

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
This is the bridge I was first going after, but the road was closed for a short period when I tried to get to it. The road was reopened after I posted the big bridge. Pretty sure this one isn't really functional as a suspension bridge, but the city/county/state obviously has enough money to make it "pretty". Must be nice..LOL

Cloud Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Next target: a business with any bird in its name or a bird depicted in its logo. Restaurants and Harley dealerships excluded, because that would be too easy.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
View attachment 117071
I didn’t want to go back a gravel road to get the pic yesterday. But on the way to work today I took a pic of another round barn that the same man built. The Timber Dome Lodge was built and donated to the city of Solon (Iowa) in their Nature and Recreation Area. People rent it for a family get together, grad parties, receptions etc.

During this time the man lived in a round barn near my home as his house. He also built a venue for wedding receptions and the like. When the county cut down on the number of events he could have he and some investors bought property along Hwy #1 and built a much larger venue. During the summer there's events there most every weekend. Here's a link to the commercial venue. Celebration Farm in case anyone is interested in these type of buildings.
:D Kinda glad @RandomGuy got to the Capitol Records Tower first so I didn't have had to stress out over whether your building is really round. While the lodge gives off a round vibe, looking closely I think it is really either a nonagon or a decagon and not truly round. I can't tell for sure from the picture, but I'm pretty sure it is not an 11 sided hendecagon.

Ok, everyone is dismissed from geometry class......LOL :whistle:

Picky, picky, picky..... :geek:

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,179 Posts
:D Kinda glad @RandomGuy got to the Capitol Records Tower first so I didn't have had to stress out over whether your building is really round. While the lodge gives off a round vibe, looking closely I think it is really either a nonagon or a decagon and not truly round. I can't tell for sure from the picture, but I'm pretty sure it is not an 11 sided hendecagon.

Ok, everyone is dismissed from geometry class......LOL :whistle:

Picky, picky, picky..... :geek:
Yeah you are correct, it's roundish...... :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Cool! What's next?
Well since there was an ice cream shop across the parking lot I had considered that but thought it might be too easy. Here's one I have on the Road Star Clinic site (but they're not nearly as active on their scavenger hunt :()

Next target, your bike in front of a building or sign/vehicle of a business with a clever name, image, or slogan. Example, a couple local septic services have writing on the back of their pumper trucks of "Number 1 in the number 2 business" Or "A flush beats a full house".

So what creative names, slogans, or images, do you have in your area?

As an example...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well since there was an ice cream shop across the parking lot I had considered that but thought it might be too easy. Here's one I have on the Road Star Clinic site (but they're not nearly as active on their scavenger hunt :()

Next target, your bike in front of a building or sign/vehicle of a business with a clever name, image, or slogan. Example, a couple local septic services have writing on the back of their pumper trucks of "Number 1 in the number 2 business" Or "A flush beats a full house".

So what creative names, slogans, or images, do you have in your area?

As an example...
The first thing I thought of is a truck I see driving around advertising a plumber service. "When we show up, sh*t goes down!"

I couldn't imagine having to drive the truck you pictured around; especially with the matching shirt. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
The first thing I thought of is a truck I see driving around advertising a plumber service. "When we show up, sh*t goes down!"

I couldn't imagine having to drive the truck you pictured around; especially with the matching shirt. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's funny about your local plumbing service. A neighbor has the septic truck w/A flush beats a full house....

When I did the google search I found a few examples and each picture the guy driving was wearing a color matched shirt. I suppose if the employer supplies them..... 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Not super clever, but kinda cute. Let me know if acceptable. No worries if you're looking for something pithier.....
View attachment 117267
Not bad. I think that should work. It's been a few days and nobody has come up with anything else so lets call it a win!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
I think this one is closer to what you intended, saw it on my way home from the "Cork This, Tap That" place.
Sky Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

This target might a bit odd, let me know if I need to pick something else:
Find two cars or trucks are the same make and model, parked next to each other, but not at a dealership. Year and color can be different. I was going to include motorcycles, but I can't tell one Harley from the next.....:cool::geek:

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I think this one is closer to what you intended, saw it on my way home from the "Cork This, Tap That" place.
View attachment 117275

This target might a bit odd, let me know if I need to pick something else:
Find two cars or trucks are the same make and model, parked next to each other, but not at a dealership. Year and color can be different. I was going to include motorcycles, but I can't tell one Harley from the next.....:cool::geek:
(y) Yes, that's kind of what I had in mind.

One Harley from the next..... :rofl:

I like this next one. Something different for sure.

2761 - 2780 of 2822 Posts