Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2781 - 2800 of 2822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
I picked 1960 because that the year I was born. On the last target I looked up car clubs and the Corvette club was meeting today at the Calif. Auto Museum. When I pulled up I knew I was in the right place.

·
Registered
2007 V Star 650 Silverado
94 Posts
Thought I had it here but upon googling I find the Galaxie only started in '59. So I guess this probably won't count unless some classic car expert here can tell me if this happens to be a '59!

Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Reactions: Boog

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,186 Posts
The '59 still had "wings" along the rear quarters, so unfortunately that is not a '59.

I think that might be a '62 or '63. I'm leaning toward '63, due to the leaning grille.

Ford Galaxie - Wikipedia

That's a cool restored cop cruiser though.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Thought I had it here but upon googling I find the Galaxie only started in '59. So I guess this probably won't count unless some classic car expert here can tell me if this happens to be a '59!

View attachment 117490
View attachment 117489
You must have been close to Mayberry or Mount Pilot......I half expected to see Andy Taylor or Barney Fife hanging around somewhere near......very cool find, just barely missed it....

·
Registered
2007 V Star 650 Silverado
94 Posts
You must have been close to Mayberry or Mount Pilot......I half expected to see Andy Taylor or Barney Fife hanging around somewhere near......very cool find, just barely missed it....
That's in Leiper's Fork TN...about 30 minutes south of Nashville. It's right off the Natchez Trace Parkway so it tends to attract a lot of motorcycles. Here's where I had lunch (my bike's in there somewhere...7 or 8 from the front
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sky Plant

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Next, your bike and a baseball backstop.....but not just any backstop. Find one on a practice field or empty lot, without bleachers or dugouts.

Reactions: lesblank

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
Now you pick someone that, I knew of several in Katy. Thanks for a challenge to find one.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Two backstops one with everything and one all by it lonesome. Next your bike with a bridge over water, Troubled or not.
View attachment 117921 View attachment 117922
Good find. I half way considered making that target a little more restrictive when describing it by excluding backstops on municipally owned parks, but decided not to.

There was a bridge over water target a while back and I got that one just a little over a mile from the house. The channel the water is usually in is man made and used to distribute water mostly for fire-fighting purposes to the many petro-chemical manufacturing facilities located nearby. Only difference now is the water has all been drained out and there's not even mud anymore. I guess that's one way to get rid of the invasive water hyacinth and giant salvinia that was growing out of control in it.

2781 - 2800 of 2822 Posts