Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
2801 - 2820 of 2822 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
Gate was closed for a good picture.

Tire Land vehicle Sky Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Cloud

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

If this works I’ll post new target in a bit after confirmation. Ou

·
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
I see one like, so guess it’s good. Next, your bike next to your state tree. So figure out what your state tree is and looks like. Happy hunting. By the way, that bridge is less than 10 miles from home. I’m already at the 80 mile ridden make. So much for a quick picture. ;)

·
14,133 Posts

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Is it cheating if I roll my bike into the backyard next to my pecan tree? :rofl:

But, its too dang hot to even do that right now.....:thumbsdown:

Reactions: lesblank

·
14,133 Posts
Is it cheating if I roll my bike into the backyard next to my pecan tree? :rofl:

But, its too dang hot to even do that right now.....:thumbsdown:
Only if your conscious let's you. My conscience was always clear when I would do similar finds. I can relate to the heat, first part on my ride this morning was nice, when noon popped up, I want to get home to the AC.

Reactions: AlanRides

·
14,133 Posts
How many donuts did you eat, or did you get a kolache?

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
I can truthfully say I stared temptation straight in the eye and just took my pictures and evacuated the area at a brisk clip......without getting doughnuts for each finger to wear like fine jewelry.....

But, since we are talking about baked goods, next target will be "day old" or factory outlet bakery store. My kids used to call the one we would occasionally go to the "used bread" store......

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,186 Posts
Oh man, this takes me back. We used to have a Hostess bakery outlet about a quarter mile from where we live now. Long gone, gone before we even moved to this house, but we went there as a kid. Fond memories. Our church would take advantage of it for special events too.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts

·
14,133 Posts
Reactions: Brad_G

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,179 Posts
What's next?
I was trying to think of something new but easy enough for those in metro and rural areas alike to have a chance at.

Not sure how to describe what I'm looking for. My idea is a town square that either looks like a park or perhaps has the county courthouse on it. Many small towns in Iowa will have one of these. It may house the courthouse, or it may have a band shell/stage where the community can gather for special events.

I live in Johnson county and the courthouse sits on a square block all by itself.

Or maybe when you travel through town you see something like this.

Let's see what you might have in your area.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Can’t believe someone hadn’t got this already as we’re approaching the holiday.
View attachment 118102
There were several fireworks stands around here, but they spontaneously combusted in this heat wave......

(kidding....I was just too lazy and wimped out to go get it). :D

Reactions: Brad_G

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,179 Posts
There were several fireworks stands around here, but they spontaneously combusted in this heat wave......

(kidding....I was just too lazy and wimped out to go get it). :D
I wondered. I know you're usually on top of these challenges. That's why I was surprised it was still open after I finished work today (working from home). So it was a good excuse to get on the bike and leave the house for a bit.

Our weather is breaking a bit and it's more tolerable. Hopefully you'll see something similar. Maybe you can find one of those cool town squares in some out of the way Texas town on your next adventure. (y)

2801 - 2820 of 2822 Posts