Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3113 Posts

· Registered
2022 FLHR Road King, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, 2022 Roadking
3,900 Posts
Reaction score
That will work Pat. Too bad you live so far south though. Our trees here in northern Virginia drop a ton of leaves almost all at once.

What's next?

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,550 Posts
Reaction score
Between being sick, rain and cold, I haven't ridden in two weeks. Hopefully someone will get it soon and we can keep it going.

Reactions: Boog and AlanRides

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,279 Posts
Reaction score
Between being sick, rain and cold, I haven't ridden in two weeks. Hopefully someone will get it soon and we can keep it going.
No worries about that.....been some wonky weather here too, some bike/car/house maintenance items needed, did a little traveling (which got the wife and MIL the covid) and just a generally messed up month. I think I've ridden all of 13 miles this month. But if somebody doesn't beat me to it I'm sure I can find an open house sign once I get back on the road, so no way the thread dies on this target....:)

2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,550 Posts
Reaction score
No worries about that.....been some wonky weather here too, some bike/car/house maintenance items needed, did a little traveling (which got the wife and MIL the covid) and just a generally messed up month. I think I've ridden all of 13 miles this month. But if somebody doesn't beat me to it I'm sure I can find an open house sign once I get back on the road, so no way the thread dies on this target....:)
Hopefully Lisa and MIL is doing OK. It effect people differently. Tell them I'm wishing them a speedy recovery.

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,279 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks for your well wishes. Leslie seems to have recovered pretty well after about 4 days of relatively mild symptoms (easy for me to say...LOL). Her mom on the other hand has had a bit more of a battle. She first was symptomatic 2 weeks ago today. She's already a very low energy person as it is, sleeps 14-20 hours most days, so it's hard to keep her hydrated and fed properly. Add on the extra exhaustion from the covid and she was really looking bad, so the doctor put her in the hospital Friday morning. Been getting IV fluids and they are trying to get her to eat more, but now they've found some pneumonia in one of her lungs, but "not covid pneumonia", whatever that means. So, oral and IV antibiotics for that. They are talking about turning her loose today or tomorrow......got to admit it's been kind of nice with her being out from underfoot and not having to drag her around the house to take care of normal functions. And Leslie was able to recover better without having to deal with her 24/7. Oh well, it seems vacation will be over pretty soon.....

15,550 Posts
Reaction score
Glad that it appears recovery is just around the corner. It's taken Carla and I full to weeks to have enough energy to even eat.

Reactions: Boog and AlanRides

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,279 Posts
Reaction score
View attachment 122391

Finally able to get out and ride some. Next target, your bike in front of a mom and pop burger joint
Dang it, the weather finally broke today and I had a good prospect for an open house pretty close by, but it wasn't going to be open until 1 PM.....arghhhhh.... just missed it. LOL, good job.

· Registered
99 Roadie
1,076 Posts
Reaction score
Dang it, the weather finally broke today and I had a good prospect for an open house pretty close by, but it wasn't going to be open until 1 PM.....arghhhhh.... just missed it. LOL, good job.
Been down for the last 4 weeks with a bad RA flare, couldn't stand it any more had to get some seat time. Not my brightest idea.
Weather's been fine other than a couple of hurricaines, finally cooled off some down here.

Extra points for Sotheby's bieng the auction house?? 😝

15,550 Posts
Reaction score
Let my road dry and I've got this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Yamaha Pat and Boog

· Registered
2022 FLHR Road King, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, 2022 Roadking
3,900 Posts
Reaction score
Bumpity bump de bump bump bump....
I rode two hours for work this week and did not see a single RV sign anywhere between the house and the job site. It ain't fair I tell ya...

Reactions: lesblank

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,279 Posts
Reaction score
Maybe this "RV Resort" concept is unique to the lower SE Texas area, as I see several of them when doing my normal local running around but none while wandering around the Piney Woods and SW Louisiana today. So, that being said and wanting to get the thread running again and to get more into the Christmas spirit I will propose a new target of your bike and anything Christmas related, as long the Christmas related item is larger than life size.

(I assume it is within the rules to change the target if the original is proving to be problematic finding.....if not, nevermind the above screed.....)

· Registered
2,464 Posts
Reaction score
There is a RV Resort 30-40 miles from me unfortunately the Rona found my fam plus its mid thirties and raining. Was gonna pull the helmet out and drive it out there in the cage and deploy the “your gear and the target” rule for us in non riding weather zones but unable to at this point. The Rona so far has been a notch above a head cold. The self isolation is far worse than anything for this version of it. But if target still stands in a couple of days I could prob get it. Just google RV Resorts in your area. You may ne surprised! Happy hunting!

3041 - 3060 of 3113 Posts