·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,989 Posts
I've got one less than two hours away.

Reactions: Boog and matthewd92

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
Do a google earth on these. There may be a sub but can you get close?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do a google earth on these. There may be a sub but can you get close?
Good idea, I know you used to park in front of the sub in Mobile when you visited but I haven’t been there in probably 20 years so Lord only knows what has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Got one about 4 hours from me in Ohio but it is in a museum. I could gate crash and say I was protesting something. I’m pretty sure they would understand....LOL.... I’m kidding of course....

·
7,989 Posts
Supposed to rain for the next week or so with this Gulf disturbance. But after that, looks doable.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
Here is a list of worldwide submarine museums, Texas has two. The museum in Fredericksburg has both a US and a Japanese sub. The UK has over a dozen of them and many other countries...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If it stops raining long enough, we have one like Matt said in the park for the USS Alabama on my side of Mobile, short 50 mile trip.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,729 Posts
Next up is have a submarine in the picture, an actual sub, not a picture.
Your not going to get that picture. Cameras in a submarine base and taking pictures are not allowed.
It will have to be an old WWII sub on display somewhere as an exhibit.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Your not going to get that picture. Cameras in a submarine base and taking pictures are not allowed.
It will have to be an old WWII sub on display somewhere as an exhibit.
Not a problem, there are lots of submarines all around the world just waiting to have their pictures taken with a bike. :cool:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can take a picture in front the one at Battle Ship park in Mobile,only thing stopping me is a pesky tropical storm.
I'm starting to think you don't ride in the rain. How can you even live in Florida then? :D

·
7,989 Posts
Great find. Looks a little rusty. What's next, how about a hurricane? 🤣

Reactions: bpounds and Boog

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
998 Posts
That sub is the Soviet B-427 Scorpion.

Used to be a museum that you could go through, until a few years ago it sprung a leak and took on a bad list. It is part of the Queen Mary display in Long Beach, and is berthed in her little enclosed harbor. They want to sell her, but so far no takers. I suspect it will end up as a sunken reef somewhere around here.

I woke up early this morning for no apparent reason, and somehow Mandolin the dog senses this fact, and makes it clear that breakfast is to be served now. Going back to sleep is not on the menu today. So I served my Labramaster, grabbed a travel cup of coffee and headed for the port of Long Beach. It is all closed down there, but getting there at dawn has advantages. No supervision, no parking attendants, and mostly empty parking lots. Most importantly, no cops, because I had to sneak through the service entries to get around.

The Queen herself...

And enough of that...next up, your bike in front of a Red Cross office. We would like to see the actual red cross in the shot. A blood mobile will qualify, as long as appropriate signage is visible. Should be easy for all, even during the monsoon season.

1541 - 1560 of 1626 Posts