Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1626 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,729 Posts
BTW, just for info.
I’m up in Michigan now I’m on a trip from NC. I watched each state and city and did not see one sign about “leaving”.
I’m glad someone got that so quickly.
Too bad I’m not logged in for the monthly mileage challenge since I’m definitely racking up some miles for this month. Bummer!
On a good note, I have to update the map on my signature now and add a few more! 😁👍

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm starting to think you don't ride in the rain. How can you even live in Florida then?
I will ride in the rain, just rode 100 miles in it on Thursday, But riding in a tropical storm for a 100 mile round trip knowing that the lower road to the Battle Ship park will be flooded just for a picture of a sub, is just not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
998 Posts
Next your bike in front of a sunrise. Everyone has those right?
You just gave our east coast brothers a 3 hour head start! And our @faffi bro a 9 hour head start. 😀 🆒 (y)

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
Next up on the Scavenger hunt is list is: Your bike with a marque thermometer. It can be a bank, a hardware store any place that has an outside temperature displayed. These are usually lit and or digital. Extra pretty points if it is over 100*F or 38*C. Here is an example of the famous thermometer in Baker. CA.
baker_Thermometer.jpg

Or this:
bank temp.jpg

or something like this:
Bank.jpg

And...GO!

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
998 Posts
Both are nice sunrise shots. Congrats.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I live in the Sunshine State and the sun didn't come out today, Stupid rain.
My first day driving into Florida was a torrential down pour. I remember seeing the sign, "Welcome to the Sunshine State" and we laughed.
Riding_in_the_Rain.JPG

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I trust that is telling us the temperature, I cannot see the sign myself but it does look like an old school thermometer. I say it counts.
Oh. It may not count. Its not old school. Just a digital reader board with temp display every 15 sec or so. Keep looking folks! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
The final word is Boogs but I will take MikeyCs word . I just need new glasses.

Reactions: Redbird58

·
Registered
576 Posts
You are good @MikeyC and I love your idea of an Air Mail box.

1561 - 1580 of 1626 Posts