Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1626 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
I've always asked coworkers about targets. They've come up with good ideas. Been to two Post offices and no air mail yet. I might have go to small towns in the Sierra foothills but it's hot here right now.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Is this what we are looking for? If so I have to jump in the time machine and see if I can remember where I have seen one....If I remember I may just skip returning to 2020....

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,993 Posts
I tried pretty hard finding an Air Mail box, any one else having this issue? Now I found out why, here's some info on Air Mail:

Finally, the Postal Service announced that “as of October 11, 1975, there will be no service advantage in paying airmail postage rates for domestic first-class mail.” After that date, airmail stamps could be used on all classes of domestic mail, but customers were invited to exchange airmail stamps and airmail postal.

All good things must end, and so it came to pass on May 1, 1977, two weeks shy of its 59th birthday, United States domestic airmail service ended. Regulations were adjusted so first-class mail that contained third- or fourth-class matter of value could be insured, and other minor adjustments reconciled the new arrangement with existing procedures.

Reactions: Boog and bpounds

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I am pretty sure airmail is just a play on words. I think he is looking for the mail box mounted up high like would be used if a plane was delivering the mail. But @MikeyC can confirm or clarify.... or he could ignore us and be sitting on his patio getting a good laugh in while we struggle to determine what the target is... 😁😁😁👍👍👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am pretty sure airmail is just a play on words. I think he is looking for the mail box mounted up high like would be used if a plane was delivering the mail. But @MikeyC can confirm or clarify.... or he could ignore us and be sitting on his patio getting a good laugh in while we struggle to determine what the target is... 😁😁😁👍👍👍
Yes sir. Thats it. But if a box actually says airmail that would work

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts
If I was back home, I remember one on a certain farm in Gray county, TX. I think I remember one in Stafford County, VA at a dairy but for the life of me I am not sure which road. What a great excuse to go ride and explore...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Bumpity bump...to the top we go...anybody getting close??

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bumpity bump...to the top we go...anybody getting close??
I got a shipment from New Zealand via their Airmail and its in a box, but that is the closest so far for me.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,729 Posts
I don’t know how someone is gonna get this one unless they know where one is or just by chance pass one.
There isn’t a search parameter on line which will give you anything more than a picture of one but no location.
ARRRGH!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I remember seeing one years ago...Ironically enough it was for a scavenger hunt we were doing but it has to be over 35 years ago.....a mind is a terrible thing to waste....😵

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
576 Posts
The one I saw this week end has been there since I was a teenager.
And where did you hang out as a teenager? Asking for a friend...

1581 - 1600 of 1626 Posts