Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here follow or hear of adam and scootin america? He's been on a 2 year journey riding back and forth across the country hitting every HD dealer in the lower 48 raising money for wounded warrior. I beleive he currenty holds 2 guinness world records with longest charity ride and also most miles traveled in 1 country on 1 vehicle (found out today it was either 23 or 33k was the old record, he's around 78k now with about 80 dealers to go.) Got a chance to meet him today at a local dealer and ride between stops with him. Lets see if the pic uploads right.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
Nice thread 07', I heard of Adam and scootin America when his journey started but not much since then. Glad you posted this with a follow up and got to meet him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's scooter. He rides on the bike with him.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the idea behind it. It seems most of the charitable organizations out there today are corrupt. Even schoold districts and local municipalities. People take charge or are elected/appointed then they get greedy thinking they're entitled to all this money. Next thing u know moneys gone, someone's got a new boat and lambo and the charity gets drug the the mud in the media. Are there good ones out there? Yes. We just had a school district near here with money missing out the wazzoo and things mis handled and mis used. First it's nobody's fault then blame gets placed they get slapped on the wrist and the school districts still out of money while someone else retires on their dime. It's early, i need coffee. Lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Been following Adam and Scooter on FB for a long time. Even got to see them twice in Ohio - Xenia and Pataskala. Bought the book, got my photo with him. He's a cool, tough guy and Scooter is awesome! (Chihuahuas are awesome - we have 4)

Dave

·
Registered
600 Posts
Last I heard of this I read an article that they had been involved in an accident. It was in the first week of July and while Scooter was okay Adam was admitted to the hospital. Looks like they were scheduled to be back on the road Sept 3rd from what I could find by a quick Google search.

ScootinAmerica

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was gonna get the book but they were out of them so I'll have to order one. Yes he got hit by a car in early july. 6 bends hd in florida fixed up the bike i guess it was supposed to be totaled. It's neat watching scooter pop his head up while riding down the road, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts