Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done only 480 miles so far and have noticed quite a few fine scratches in the chrome trim on the tank, i am looking for suggestions as to what to use to remove them.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm thinking first you need to figure out what is causing them..... so you can stop that action now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking first you need to figure out what is causing them..... so you can stop that action now.
I think I did them accidentally with a contaminated microfiber cloth, I have sorted them using Meguires metal polish, I must stress that they were only very feint surface scratches. :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I think I did them accidentally with a contaminated microfiber cloth, I have sorted them using Meguires metal polish, I must stress that they were only very feint surface scratches. :D
By "sorted them" does that mean you got rid of them completely? And did the polishing cloud the chrome any?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By "sorted them" does that mean you got rid of them completely? And did the polishing cloud the chrome any?
Yes I mean that they are gone and no cloud just nice shiny chrome in fact I was that impressed I did the whole bike it looks awesome!:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
So the moral of the story, for those of use who like stories with morals, is to use Meguire's Metal Polish to remove find scratches in chrome.

A happily ever after ending, followed by sweet dreams.

I've got some "fine scratches" to, probably obtained the same way (a cloth with a little dust or contaminent). Nice to know there is a product that'll lick that issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm pretty sure that tank trim is plastic chrome because I have noticed the fine little scratches too. Doesn't make me too happy since I do my best to keep the bike looking new, but I bet I'm the only one who would notice... Well, except you guys! Haha I haven't tried to polish them out because they are only noticeable at the right angle, and don't want to cloud or dull the rest of it. I have some mothers chrome polish that works great on all the rest of the chrome, might give it a shot... When the bike gets back from the dealer for a weird noise.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
So the moral of the story, for those of use who like stories with morals, is to use Meguire's Metal Polish to remove find scratches in chrome.

A happily ever after ending, followed by sweet dreams.

I've got some "fine scratches" to, probably obtained the same way (a cloth with a little dust or contaminent). Nice to know there is a product that'll lick that issue.
:eek::D:cool:;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts