Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Riders,

So I took my rear wheel off to get the tire changed and when I put it back on, there was a little rubber seal that broke into pieces and fell out of the crossjoint.

It's located on the engine end of the bike where the drive shaft enters. There's that little crossjoint (or yoke?).

I went to partsfisher and it seems like that joint the U-joint and the seal I'm talking about are sold as one unit.

Do you know where I can get this part?

Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought too!! So bizarre. But I swear as I was putting the drive shaft back into the yoke a tapered rubber ring fell out, it looked as if it were to keep dust out.

I freaked out at first because I didn't know if the shaft went directly into the tranny, but seeing it goes into a yoke I'm not so worried as it's just to keep dust out.

Unless it fell from somewhere else?

I have the piece the fell out at home, I'll snap a pic and post it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hello Riders,

So I took my rear wheel off to get the tire changed and when I put it back on, there was a little rubber seal that broke into pieces and fell out of the crossjoint.

It's located on the engine end of the bike where the drive shaft enters. There's that little crossjoint (or yoke?).

I went to partsfisher and it seems like that joint the U-joint and the seal I'm talking about are sold as one unit.

Do you know where I can get this part?

Thanks!

Nick
2000 Yamaha V-STAR CLASSIC (XVS650AM) Rear Arm Suspension | Pro Caliber
part # 4TR-22189-00-00 is what you need around 10.00 brand new, part 10 or 11 also pro caliper has best prices i could find and they offer free shipping over 99.00

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm confused.......Is he working on a 650 or an 1100.....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You said "part # 4TR-22189-00-00 is what you need"...... he doesn't need a part for a 650.....so it kind of matters. That's why I was confused........

·
Registered
2,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You said "part # 4TR-22189-00-00 is what you need"...... he doesn't need a part for a 650.....so it kind of matters. That's why I was confused........
what does matter is the part is available separately for a 650 or an 1100 which is what he couldn't find. i can't figure out where he was looking to say he only found a complete kit. anyway the swingarm dust boot has the same part number for the 1100 or the 650. #4TR-22184 so as you can see it does not matter which one you buy because they will both fit perfectly on ether the 1100 or the 650, now if he needs the engine side dust boot then there is a difference the 1100 uses #SEL22189 and the 650 uses #4VR22189 i hope this helps you understand what matters and what does not matter, i can say with confidence when he said he broke the seal when removing the drive shaft, he's talking about the seal that fits either the 650 or the 1100, so if could find a used one on ebay or something it won't matter which bike it came from. if you can tell me how get my 650 flywheel back on i would eternally grateful, i'v been trying to figure that out for the better part of the day, i'm open for any reasonable ideas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts