Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike: 2000 vstar 1100 custom

i would like to upgrade stock seat and exhaust, i have seen some alternative approaches that are less expensive than buying all new. will remove the seat and exhaust and send out for mod and they return

seat, one place adds memory foam and or gel, anyone tried this and how does it compare to a new seat; price 250 vs 650, rough guess

exhaust, vendor rebuilds internals of stock pipes and says no AF ratio /carb adj required, price 150 vs 500

just thought someone may have tried some of these inexpensive approaches and if so are you satisfied

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2006 1100 VStar Custom. I had my stock exhaust worked on by a guy in NY. Not sure exactly what he did but I found him on ebay ($100). Bike sounds excellent, mid range rumble that I was looking for.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't say much about the exhaust, but a lot of folks on the VTX Board I frequent rave about the job that Mean City Cycles does--the memory foam mod is $100.00.

I plan on having my V-Star 1100 Custom done in a few months. Their web site is--

http://www.meancitycycles.com/motorcycle_seat_modifications.php
thanks, i am also considering this company but i really wanted to have driver seat with a backrest and dont thing they do that . i had considered adding one, they look like they are about 250 , anyone know where i can find a ceaper price for a driver seat backrest for vstar 1100?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.