Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new to bikes but new to Yamaha , a year or so ago I bought a 2003 650 Classic and just a few general questions 1. Who makes a front seat that has a deeper seat and 2. Who makes a larger passenger seat to be more comfortable for the wife instead of the general (cheek seat) ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mustang makes a nice two piece seat and even a driver's back rest . Corbin also has a model specific seat I believe . I feel that seats can be a justifiable upgrade if you get saddle sore after a few hours.
My plan is to re upholster the seats in a bright naughahyde and insert gel packs the originals.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
When you say deeper you mean lower? I had an Ultimate seat on my 1100, same seat sold for 650. The passenger seat is much wider and my wife liked it. We took many 400 plus miles day trips and several out of town seats. I highly recommend the Ultimate seats.

https://ultimateseats.ca/yamaha-motorcycle-accessories/v-star-650-classic-seats

Here's picture of passenger seat and back rest on bike, happy wife, happy life. 😂

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I agree with Les on the Ultimate seats. Last month I rode over 6,000 miles on my 1100 and I never had a butt ache. The backrest is part of that but it's been great. I don't have any personal experience with the Mustang seats but I've heard good things about them too.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Also, the ultimate seat is the only one I know that is compatable with the factory seats. So if you just need the passenger one, it will work fine.

But if you go mustang, you have to get both. (atleast according to their instructions)

Ultimate seats are wider than the mustang also, might matter for the rider legs. Wider makes passengers happy though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Different bike but I've settled on a Corbin Stinger Saddle with driver backrest. I've sat on a couple and is exactly what you want (I want). You sit in the seat with good ride up low back support. My bike is all black and chrome. I'm going with a smooth tan leather. http://www.corbin.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Different bike but I’ve got an ultimate on my roadliner. Been on the web on Yamaha sites for more than a decade and it seems to me Ultimate and Mustang are the clear choices. Don’t think you can go wrong...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts