Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Road Star and cannot get the seat to unlock to get to battery. I know how the cable works but cannot seems to get to it. Can't be the first to have this problem. How do I get the seat of so I can get to the release and fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know your pain. I can't get mine off either. Battery will be fried as it hasn't been ridden since October. It has been said that pounding on seat and turning key at same time will work. Didn't work for me. Very frustrating. I walked away after some serious pounding. Didn't want to lose my mind , so just resigned myself to buying a new battery in the spring.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,051 Posts
I know @Keith Post and others have had the same issue. Here's a thread about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Insert your key, first turn it to the right to on position then back to the left without pushing in on key. This should all be done in one motion. If it won't release try placing your knee to the front of the seat putting pressure on it while doing this. Lube up the mechanism after you get seat off, I haven't had the problem after lubing the mechanism but made a manual emergency release with a piece of wire tucked up under the seat if needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,494 Posts
Grizzer is correct, I got my Roadie’s seat off using what he suggested. Frustrating and I feel your pain, so I also walked away until I asked for suggestions and Grizzer helped me out. Didn’t want to have to break out the Mossberg as a final outcome, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts