Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know there are alot of different choices when it comes to seat padding, but I am wanting to know some feedback if anyone has any on any particular ones. If I wasnt strapped for cash I would buy a new seat! Just need something for the upcoming ride to New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The friends i know that have used any type of 'strap/stick-on' padding didn't put up with it for long. They say they got tired of 'fiddling' around with it to get it positioned right every time they sat down.

I've been sitting on some seats my friends have and a couple are stock seats that they had 're-padded', aka 're-stuffed'. They are just as comfy as the name brand seats. Most upholstery shops will do this for about $100-$200. I think this is what i'm going to do here soon. I don't see paying $600+ for a seat unless it's going to be custom made just for me :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering having mine restuffed as well, there is a guy here locally that does the gel inserts but a buddy of mine had his seat done and he didnt have a seat for almost 3 months, we eneded up taking a bungee chord and strapping a seat from a sportster on it, not the safest thing to do but he still got to ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts