Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

seat question

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  patch058 
#1 ·
So im looking for a new seat for my vstar 1100 classic.

My question is will all after market seats sit you closer to the tank ?

#2 ·
i think i going to just reupholster mine because of that very reason, i'm to tall to pushed any further ahead. the after market seats seem to sacrifice butt area for more back rest area. if you do find something please let me know.

#3 ·
i know that people tend to report more that mustang seats will push you forward about an inch. but i would think that most aftermarket seats would push the rider forward somewhat since they generally have more padding in the back than the stock seats. if you're concerned about that, then you might want to go the route of paulie. there are seat upholsterers that can reshape your seat and add more cushioning to your specifications, and you will probably end up paying less than an aftermarket seat.

#4 ·
The Corbin sets you back and down about an inch on an 1100. It was the best seat I ever had before I went to the custom spring set up. Most other 1100 riders that have ridden the Mustang and Corbin would agree. You can also find them labeled as a Yamaha/Star "Boulevard" seat.

#7 ·
Pacific Coast Star took 10 weeks to ship. (Almost thought it wasn't coming!)

It feels like it's dropped me down but not really any forward or back. They use a stock seat. I will have to send them my stock seat off my 950 if I decide to keep it. Have to make sure it gets back to west coast within 30 days. But it was only $150.

Kinda wish I could afford a Mustang. But this is an improvement in comfort. Firm, but better. Like that it is stock fitment to my pillion, and if I want to add stock fit driver backrest.

#8 ·
I just picked up a used mustang seat. Yes it does push you forward but it forces you to sit up straight. Hugh difference on my back and butt.I do go on 100 mile plus rides.I did not want to sit lower. It really depends on your size and bike modifications. I am 6 4 and 230lbs 1100 custom drag bars and 4" extensions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.