Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need to do something about my seat before the rainy season. I've been given a guestiment of $150.00 and up to recover it. He has not seen the seat, A new one is $190.00 approx. from a couple of sites. With so many of you changing seats does anyone have a stock seat from a 2010 Strat Deluxe for sale?

Attachments

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has happened in the last couple of weeks. It has been ridden almost every day since it was bought new in 2011. Sitting in the sun through 100 degree summers at work. Plus I have a big butt so it's a perfect storm to destroy a seat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This has happened in the last couple of weeks. It has been ridden almost every day since it was bought new in 2011. Sitting in the sun through 100 degree summers at work. Plus I have a big butt so it's a perfect storm to destroy a seat.
That looks like the same seat as my 1300. I picked up a set of seats just like new on Ebay a couple months ago for less than $100.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Yamaha-V-Star-1300-Drivers-Seat/172951134887?hash=item2844b0e2a7:g:UeUAAOSw8b1Z84QU&vxp=mtr

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a guy that will recover it with a little extra padding for $150. New one is $269. but the dealer told me it would have to come from Japan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats a nice seat .Is that the recover job?
When I rode my bike to work and let it sit in the sun all day, I would throw an old towel over the seat to save it from those UV rays. It sure helped a lot!!

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes and he added a little extra padding. Kudos to Tomm At Capitol Upholstery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts