Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a '09 V-Star 950 and the stock seat is horrible. My wife and I have dealt with it for three years but finally I need to upgrade. Our butts get numb after only 45min on the road. Can anyone suggest a modestly priced quality seat?

·
Registered
621 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on owning the Greatest Bike in the History of the World. Since you've had yours ever since the year the 950 was introduced, you're a charter member of The Club.

As for the seat, I'm not sure what your budget is, but I have a Mustang Daytripper on mine and I love it. It pushes you forward a bit, which takes some getting used to. My gf is a lot happier on the passenger seat now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for replying. I actually realized that I posted this thread in the wrong forum but for whatever reason I couldn't delete it and re-post it in the proper forum. I'm not really happy with the functionality of this site.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's just a spam-prevention measure. Everyone's first post has to be in the new member introductions forum. Once that's done, usually within an hour or two, you'll be able to post everywhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the 'Ultimate Seat' on my 950 and it's 100% better than the stock seat but a little pricey. I'm sure there are other quality seats available also.

You can see it on my bike at:

http://jimmarby.jalbum.net/Ultimate Seat/
I also have the 09 950 and have been looking at seats. This ultimate seat looks great and your bike looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Administrator
13,661 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
WeRide950, he seat doesn't seem to move me either forward or back, I'm basically in the same position but maybe an inch or so higher.

WhyHave5, thanks for the compliment on my 950.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts