Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the seat height is a inch differ on 2007 and 2008 Roadliner I have both the 08 is 1 inch lower than the 2007 Yamaha couldnt tell me

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
We;; Mike let's start with a welcome to the forum. Tell us more about yourself like how long you've been riding, where you ride, post a pic or two, you know stuff like that. As for your querry, I'm sure someone will be along to answer it. You can try posting your question in the Roady forum also.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Well even after adding in periods and other punctuation, as well as adding more letters to a word or two, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what you're asking!

I did make note of the fact that you own two Liners, an '07 and an '08, yet you're asking us "where" the 1 inch seat height difference is? I also found it strange that you went as far as asking Yamaha for resolution.

My question remains, who cares?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well even after adding in periods and other punctuation, as well as adding more letters to a word or two, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what you're asking!

I did make note of the fact that you own two Liners, an '07 and an '08, yet you're asking us "where" the 1 inch seat height difference is? I also found it strange that you went as far as asking Yamaha for resolution.

My question remains, who cares?
I Do I want to know because I needed to the same heght on the 2007 as the 2008 is . I called all dealers in Dallas they couldnt tell me why . the the height was not the same

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
It is just the shape of the seat. So go see if the 08 seat will attatch to the 07. If it does, go buy another OEM seat for the 08

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Maybe you are looking under the seat at the seat pan part number which would be the same for both bikes. But in the above pictures you can see the shape of the cushion is curved slightly lower on the 2008.

Using the Yamaha part number listings, the seat part number for the:

2007 IS:
1D7-24710-01-00

2008 IS:
1D7-24710-20-00

The seats cost about $200.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you are looking under the seat at the seat pan part number which would be the same for both bikes. But in the above pictures you can see the shape of the cushion is curved slightly lower on the 2008.

Using the Yamaha part number listings, the seat part number for the:

2007 IS:
1D7-24710-01-00

2008 IS:
1D7-24710-20-00

The seats cost about $200.00.
Ok here is what yamaha specifications are 2007 seat height is 28.9 inch the 2008 is 27.8 inch I want to know where the difference is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts