Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time is come where I need to part my ways with the Vstar.
Its a great bike and totally reliable but I needed more versatility where I live and decided to get a dual sport. I will still frequent this forum because of the great topics and conversations. Probably won't post as much though!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which dual-sport are you considering?
I already bought a 2004 Kawasaki KLR 650.
Pretty much a bullet proof bike and most of the mods are done.
Went on a few weekend rides and do like the versatility of being able to go off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good choice ,you can't go wrong with the KLR. I've got a 2007 that I've put almost 40,000 miles on.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good choice ,you can't go wrong with the KLR. I've got a 2007 that I've put almost 40,000 miles on.
I only have 17,000 on this one. Doing the valve adjustment on it and are within spec but on the tight end of spec. I am going to adjust them to the loose end of the spec.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I still check mine ,but haven't had to adjust since 24,000 miles. What a rock solid, reliable machine!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still check mine ,but haven't had to adjust since 24,000 miles. What a rock solid, reliable machine!
Yes they seem to be. There was a reason the military uses them in the middle east. The saying goes "they are the swiss army knife of motorcycles"!

·
Super Moderator
6,736 Posts
We’re glad you’re not going to drop out of sight. Visit frequently and keep us updated on your new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,571 Posts
Road-Slug, make sure you don't lose contact with us. I would enjoy ready about your new riding adventures. Congrats on new ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts