Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..

So I got a Star classic a few months ago..
Its a bit of an oldie, but its in good nick and I'm really trying to customize her and make it a bit different so everything else!

Since getting it, I've had a custom exhaust made up, its pretty loud and has a really good note!
I had a seat re upholstered to a design I wanted... Looks sweet!
Now its booked to be resprayed..

I wanted flat black but wasn't sure, and the guy had some Harley parts he was painting in Harley denim black and he fairly effortlessly convinced me to go with that...
I won't have her for 2 weeks!!!
I can't wait though

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you like the matte paint finish I believe HD's black denim is the prettiest they have currently. I'm sure it will look great when done. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yes she did....

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
macstar , Be ready to do the carb jetting boogie when you pop a custom exhaust on her.

As many can attest on here : ANY changes to the stock air box, air filter, exhaust almost 100% of the time will result in new jetting being required.

A PMS screw adjustment on the idle mixture and a main jet upgrade to a larger size.

The CC&D web site has a great chart for jetting/ exhaust and intake mods for comparison. Great data to be had on there.

My bike has the cobra slashcut 2" pipes and the K&N air filter w/ the RAK mod to the airbox, This required the PMS to go to 3.5 turns out
and the mains changed to 117.5

Also doing the AIS delete is an easy "anti pop" upgrade
on deceleration. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Then your very lucky on that part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike looks GORGEOUS! I have my back seat removed, too. What did you use to fill the mounting holes on the rear fender? They look like chrome/steel somethings. lol
It was filled with a black rubber grub, looked like balls, so I got a stainless hex head round screw that's the sane guage as the mounting screws.. Looks good I thought...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think 6g, bit I buy that many screws I'm not sure.. If you go to a hardware with the bike, and tell them, they should let you try some samples to get the size

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not real sure..
I thought m6 is the size of the shank.. In which case I think that would be too big.. Guage size is different I think, usually a lot smaller

1 - 16 of 16 Posts