Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
My shift rod end links were loose and wore out. If you look closely I had zip tied the front joint so it would rattle. The OEM replacement ends were $9.99 each and needed two. Was going to do just ends but really didn't like the look of the shift rod, it's stainless steel and would never clean up and look as good as I wanted. Checking the after market I decided to try a cost effective one ($19. from Amazon). It's chrome aluminum and actually looks pretty good. With the old rod you could always feel some flex when shifting that I didn't like. The new one has no flex and shifts are much more precise feeling. How does the new one look to you? Yes, the bike is dirty, lots of ran this week. If anyone wants to help wash it come on, I'll furnish the supplies. 馃榿馃榾

Old one:

New one:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
That looks good Les

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks, went for another quick ride and it really shifts smoother. I did not realize that there was that much slack in the shift rod ends. Maybe I won't hit so many false neutrals. 馃榾馃榿

Registered
Thanks, went for another quick ride and it really shifts smoother. I did not realize that there was that much slack in the shift rod ends. Maybe I won't hit so many false neutrals.
Hey Les do you have the brand and part number of the shift rod you got, I'm thinking it's time to replace mine also

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6

Registered
Oh I was hoping there was one like yours, mine is longer because my controls have been moved forward. So I'm starting to feel the flex. Maybe I'll try to make something.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts