Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 2005 Vstar 1100 classic with floor boards, engine guard , and heel toe shifter. He is tall and has limited use of foot. He cannot operate a heel toe shifter. He needs to use the existing heel toe as a standard toe up and down shifter and he needs greater clearance between the existing shifter and the floor board, currently he cannot get foot below shift lever.

has anyone made a mod on heal toe with floor boards to use as toe shifter and also to increase clearance so boot can slide below the shifter for up shift. Also need to extend forward some , person is about 6' 2". Need to work around the engine guard also.

Goal is to increase clearance between floor board and shift lever, and to move shifter a bit further away so can stretch out legs, but needs to work within engine guard.

Not really looking for $500 to 800.00 solution, want to know if the linkage kits will provide adequate adjustment, I see some for $50 to 80.00.
thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
794 Posts
No idea on linkage kits but a lot of guys here swap their floorboards (and the shifter assemblies) with someone else's Custom pegs which would fix the problem pretty easily other than having the bike down for a week while you wait for parts to ship...

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a video on you tube....it's an easy fix .takes like 5 mind. You loosen a few nuts on this rod thingy and then turn rod forward or backwards to rise or lower the shifter. Hope this helps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like Clipper said, very easy to raise or lower the shifter. Did it on mine so I could get my steel toed work boots under it. Did it in no time at all. All the reviews I've read on the kits to move your controls forward were favorable but keeping the engine guard will be an issue. Seems that is a common problem, moving the controls forward and utilizing the engine guard.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Agree with others, just adjust the linkage to raise or lower the shifter peg. If u know he doesn't want the heel shifter u can always cut that off as well. As far as board extensions with highway bars...good luck. Ran into the same issue. Had to fabricate brackets for the top attachment point on the bars. Worse part was I had to give up my lower deflectors because they hit the bar at full turn. But at least I can stretch my legs out now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts