Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 650 Custom.
I was wondering if I could run a heel/toe shifter arm like the classic without running a floorboard?
I have an old injury that can sometimes put a lot of pain in the top of my foot, this seems like a great alternative to parking it for the day!
Thank you

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I am sure you can find some aftermarket shifter that will work. It is actually a real good idea. The hard part i think will be finding the right size for your boot/shoe. I never thought too much about a heel shifter. I have one on my classic and never used it at first. Slowly getting used to it i wouldn't want to be without it. Love floor boards now also.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Im pretty sure the shifter from a 650 classic would bolt on in place of the toe shifter on the custom

but I dont know how it would line up with your foot on the pegs, it might be awkward to lift your heal to catch the back part.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
On my old shadows and vtx, i would ride with my feet on the hwy pegs and shift and brake with my heals. Years ago when i took my safety course the instructor said just ride like you normally do. My brother was behind me and said you should have seen the instructor squat down to watch you drive away. Haven't done it yet with the classic with floor boards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts