Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow i'm going to order Corbin saddlebags and seats but man oh man once you get over the cost of it all the shipping comes into play not to mention our 13% tax.. just to ship the bags its $340.00

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ouch !!!! Man thats got to hurt !

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Wow i'm going to order Corbin saddlebags and seats but man oh man once you get over the cost of it all the shipping comes into play not to mention our 13% tax.. just to ship the bags its $340.00
I thought shipping to Australia was bad, but now where near that bad! My sympathies to you from one who has to get everything from O/S.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm only a 45 minute drive from the border so I get the suppliers to ship to the UPS store. They call me when it arrives then I drive over to pick up the parcel.
I still have to pay the tax at customs and the UPS store charges $5.00 per box as a recieving fee.

Well worth it for me

Denis

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Denis how do you go about doing that?? I would do that if it saves a bunch and its not to much of a hassle to set up

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Denis how do you go about doing that?? I would do that if it saves a bunch and its not to much of a hassle to set up
It's simple just call the nearest UPS store on the us side and ask them the acept the parcels for you. Tell who they are from and how many boxes are being sent. The store I deal with in New York calls me and tellsme that they have arrived. Simple as that.

Denis

·
Registered
166 Posts
Or get someone in the US to recieve it then ship it to you via Greyhound....cheap cheap cheap!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmm
I am sure it is illegal,but F*** em. You should ride your bike across the border if you live that close and put it on it right there and ride it back in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Shipping

I wont complain about shipping to Aussie ex USA again....Yes i will tried to buy a cover for my iphone and they wanted $90 postage...Rush exhaust only cost $60..Told them so but go figure i havent received a response in a week.......:confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
for that kind of money. Go to bike week in FL...lol... have them there ready for pick up and put them on and ride back just part of the bike when crossing the border.
Ride Safe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I either send it to a buddy of mine on the US side and he brings it across on his regular trips(no duty) or I visit him and put the goods on down there. I just saved $85 on a new rear tire. Illegal?...yes. But if the Cdn gov could justify the duty charges I would be happy to comply. I just don't see it.
Damn, I just let the cat out of the bag. Now I'll have to move and change my name again. Probably cheaper to move south of the border. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would do that in a heart beat if i had a buddy in USA but i don't.. I'm thinking of having it shipped to Port Huron then riding over for the weekend and installing them

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well if you have a friend/place to do it there...Cool.
I live half hour south of Port Huron, so if you need, I got room and just need to know when.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Port Huron Michigan Dogs......man I miss those....still remember getting them when we lived in Plattsburgh NY....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the new Quote from corbin with shipping and nows it $895 for the saddlebags and $281 for the seats Give my a break $1176 total for shipping??????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts