Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im buying a 650 bobber in a weeks time and im worried ill be to short to reach the gearshifter and brake
5ft 5
Has anyone moved these backwards or ideas how to move them

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Very nice looking bike. I can understand the concerns about the controls. There are more than a few bobber owners here who will be able to assist you. In the mean time snoop around and enjoy the forum. Glad you stopped in!

·
Registered
207 Posts
welcome from WNY. I too think you will be fine with controls but make sure you can reach the ground flat footed and keep the bike straight up. If you have to lean the bike when stopped you might find yourself struggling to keep a 500# bike from falling on its side.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,354 Posts
Bike appears to have forward controls installed. If it turns out it's difficult to reach you might need to install the controls back to stock position. You should be able to pick up the brackets pretty cheap. Here's an example of a complete set. There were cheaper ones but these looked really good.

FYI, I'm 5'5 also, well maybe if I stand up straight. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Just ask the forum members who have meet me. I rode a Vstar 1100 Classic for 5 years and clocked 65k miles. I did use lowering links in the rear to drop bike 1 inch and installed handlebar risers to move the bars closer to me, cost less than $100. I currently ride a HD Electra Glide which is one of the heaviest bike made. Parking lot slow turns can be challenging but pre-planned moves makes it a non issue. Definitely keep us informed on your situation. Here's a thread that you might find interesting :

This being you first post you might want to post in the New Members Introduction thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey! I had 4" forward controls on my 650 and loved em. I'm 5' 1" . You should have no problem. (FWIW moved my controls back for better slow speed balance/ standing on pegs when I need to. ). Enjoy your sweet bike!

·
2,472 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, and thanks for joining us. You found yourself a good, reliable ride with the 650 and I don't think you'll have any issues riding it. As you can see, there are plenty of knowledgeable members here who are more than willing to help out. Keep us updated on your new to you bike and come back often.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Think ill be fine on this
the seating is fine for less than average sized folks, it's a heavy bike what you need is upper body strength, you want to take the bike for a ride not have the bike take you. i'm 5'6" and shrinking

1 - 17 of 17 Posts