Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a short 55 mile trip in Western TN yesterday. Thought I'd share a few pics.

Here's Lake Graham in Jackson, TN

Pinson Mounds

All three of us had V Stars!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice! But what the heck is a Pinson mound?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! But what the heck is a Pinson mound?
That's what I asked...

"Prehistory:

Pinson Mounds is the largest Middle Woodland period mound group in the United States, and dates to about 1-500 A.D. The Native Americans that built the mounds lived long before historically known Native American tribes, and used the site for ceremonial purposes. The largest mounds were used for various ceremonies, while a few of the smaller mounds, as well as the Twin Mounds, held burials. A number of cremation and activity areas have been found nearby."

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/PinsonMounds/

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for the pics - it looks like it was a nice ride.

They have mounds in Staten Island NY also. But they capped them and you're not allowed to dump there anymore. :eek: :D

:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments guys and gals. I love taking pictures, so be prepared to be bombarded with threads of my rides... maybe I'll just keep them in this thread to keep the board clean.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha, I never even really noticed it was there! But now that you point it out, it looks like a sore thumb. I'll have to take the wife's blow dryer and a razor blade to that thing tonight.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ha, I never even really noticed it was there! But now that you point it out, it looks like a sore thumb. I'll have to take the wife's blow dryer and a razor blade to that thing tonight.
RAZOR BLADE?:eek: Just the blow dryer and peel it off, then maybe a little soap and warm water.:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be careful! I did this on my wife's $35,000 car to practice. :) I use the blade to pick under the label. My fingernails don't do so well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you carry a Point and Shoot, mobile phone, or go all out and haul a DSLR with you on your rides for snapping pictures?

Thanks for the comments guys and gals. I love taking pictures, so be prepared to be bombarded with threads of my rides... maybe I'll just keep them in this thread to keep the board clean.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always have my Blackberry Torch which has a 5MP, and I usually grab my point and shoot Sony Cybershot. I really like the "Panoramic" mode. That's what the Lake picture is taken with.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Awesome pictures, it's great to see more and more people getting out for a ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again.

Well, I put over 400 miles on the bike this weekend. Took a few more pictures!! I'll have to work on getting them posted.

Road scenic route HWY 104 between Lexington and Milan TN (twice) this weekend. Also, road on HW100 over to Natchez Trace Parkway down into Alabama and swung by Pickwick Dam. Heck of a ride at ~220 miles. I'm exhausted today!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, after much delay...

My buddy's bike and mine...

From atop Pinson Mounds...

Stopped in the middle of Natchez Trace State Park...

My and my buddy's bike...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts