Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a short or tall passenger backrest installed on their Raider? If so could you please put up some pics. I am trying to decide which one to go with.

Thanks,

·
Registered
71 Posts
My girlfriend is also INSISTING I add a passenger backrest to my bike :D I guess the engine torque is kinda scary when sitting on that back seat.

I was hoping to find a custom passenger seat that had a built in backrest but so far no luck finding one.. anyone ever seen one for a Raider?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had to put a trunk on my road liner to get my wife on my bike the pad on the backrest was just too uncomfortable for her ImageUploadedByMO Free1392477171.534742.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1392477201.136190.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1392477217.193608.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1392477251.568918.jpg and I just change look for whatever I'm doing !I'm going to Daytona bike week by myself ! I'm going to be running a barhopping look ImageUploadedByMO Free1392477339.158417.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
I think a raider would look awesome all bagged out with the trunk!!! But I'm old-school I like the rake of the frame I'm not much on the rear fender though. But the truck is a good idea my wife right with me all the time now comfort is a good thing form plus she can carry everything they need!! And I just pop that baby on when she rides and I take it off when she doesn't

·
Registered
342 Posts
My girlfriend is also INSISTING I add a passenger backrest to my bike :D I guess the engine torque is kinda scary when sitting on that back seat.

I was hoping to find a custom passenger seat that had a built in backrest but so far no luck finding one.. anyone ever seen one for a Raider?
Corbin makes one. It's probably expensive but it might not be any worse than buying a separate seat and backrest.

http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yr8dte.shtml

·
Registered
652 Posts
Corbin sucks !!! They don't stand behind their product I had a couple stress cracks in my Corbin seat when you're out from when I bought it and they would not help me out I took a black magic marker on that seat colored out Corbin so you don't see it!!! I don't recommend them for anything other than fiberglass parts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can go with the Yamaha quick release passenger back rest. that way you can remove it when she is not riding with you. They are expensive !!

·
Registered
43 Posts

Yes, Corbin but also check Mustang seats and Parts Unlimited has a seat that you can put a rider or passenger backrest it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ahh OK I see Corbin does make a few different styles, thanks for the tip! I particularly like this one

I like it because when the g/f isn't riding with me I like to remove the back seat for that solo rider look, and if the back rest came off with the seat that would be easier than having to remove the rear seat and a sissybar/backrest too.

Too bad about the quality control concerns with Corbin though :( I do hear they aren't cheap and that especially sucks if they don't back their products

·
Registered
652 Posts
I agree totally with you I paid well over 400 bucks for that seat!!! And I couldn't get them the back it at all !!it really sucks!! like I said I took my black magic marker and I colored the Corbin lettering off of my seat !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts