Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Someone else told me the samething. But thanks it was a lot of work. The bike is just nasty. I have made a few chnages since these photos. New custom exhuast. New style back plates for the side covers and new tank to help cover the yolk. BMS choppers did my rake.
i moved your post here where your bike could get the attention it deserves. you should post some updated photos with the new mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Before i did my mod i had tommy blue i loved that color. I dont think they had the pin stripping back then. Great looking bike enjoy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looking very sweet! Those are the exhausts that I'm putting away to buy later next year. I have seen those mirrors on amazon and have contemplated ordering them but wasn't sure if they'd look right. Now I know. Except mine will be black, since I have a black/silver theme going here. Trying to get rid of as much chrome as possible! :D:D

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking very sweet! Those are the exhausts that I'm putting away to buy later next year. I have seen those mirrors on amazon and have contemplated ordering them but wasn't sure if they'd look right. Now I know. Except mine will be black, since I have a black/silver theme going here. Trying to get rid of as much chrome as possible! :D:D

Sent from my Nexus 7
Thanks! I bought the mirrors right off of Demon Cycle's website for $38 for the pair shipped. Came in a couple of days, and so far I'm really happy with them. I can see behind me without issues (surprising for a small mirror) and they vibrate less than the stock mirrors did at higher speeds. We shall see how long they last.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to pay demon cycles website a visit!

I think I'm going to go with the side mounted plate and integrated blinkers for the rear to clean it up instead of a rear plate holder though. Only problem is I don't know how that would react to hard bags once I get those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to pay demon cycles website a visit!

I think I'm going to go with the side mounted plate and integrated blinkers for the rear to clean it up instead of a rear plate holder though. Only problem is I don't know how that would react to hard bags once I get those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
With hardbags you'd probably want to go with an axle mount or something that wouldn't interfere with the bags. Get something sturdy! I've lost a couple of plates due to mounts breaking in the past.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ill keep that in mind. Can't afford the $800 for the bags yet, but maybe in the next couple years I will, depending on if the country survives the Obama crisis or not (not trying to divert this thread by any means... just my opinion right now.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

21 - 40 of 90 Posts