Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
New to the forums here. Got my pics in the intro. section but here is a pic for the raider pics section too. 09, silver, cobra dragsters, spiked grips and pegs, PCV. I'd really like to have one of those stock windscreens but I don't wanna pay Yamaha dealership prices.... Lovin the raider

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks! They are called cobra dragsters. Search online cobra dragsters for yamaha raider :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
If u r talking about mine lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
In case you were looking at mine, they are stock with just some hi temp satin black paint on the shields, carefully trimmed around the chrome bits I liked ;-) .

it's never too cold to ride, just too cold to enjoy it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Updated pics with the Memphis Shades Batwing. The screen was supposed to be Burnt Orange but it looks more red. I actually decided to go with a 9 inch screen because the wind was hitting me right in the forehead. Just got the 9 inch screen installed last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man. That's sweet. What all did the hardware cost you for that wing?

Thanks! I picked it up from Cruiser Customizing. I think with the Mounting Hardware, fairing, lower wind deflectors, shield, and trim it came out to about 560-580. Cant remember exactly. The plus side is that I got a $130 Gift card for buying it as a "package" during my checkout, it told me to enter "Diamond" in the promo code. Right after I paid I got an email for the Giftcard code, which worked! I bought some other stuff for my trip this summer with it. So honestly, it was a pretty decent deal. Most places are all about the same price unless you can find a used one. The 130$ Giftcard was a bonus. I really like it, although I did end up buying a 9 inch shield for it. The 5 inch shield was hitting me right in the forehead, I'm only about 5'10. I haven't had a chance to try out the new shield yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks! I picked it up from Cruiser Customizing. I think with the Mounting Hardware, fairing, lower wind deflectors, shield, and trim it came out to about 560-580. Cant remember exactly. The plus side is that I got a $130 Gift card for buying it as a "package" during my checkout, it told me to enter "Diamond" in the promo code. Right after I paid I got an email for the Giftcard code, which worked! I bought some other stuff for my trip this summer with it. So honestly, it was a pretty decent deal. Most places are all about the same price unless you can find a used one. The 130$ Giftcard was a bonus. I really like it, although I did end up buying a 9 inch shield for it. The 5 inch shield was hitting me right in the forehead, I'm only about 5'10. I haven't had a chance to try out the new shield yet.
Thinking in terms of body types and sizes, what's your inseam? My dad is shorter than I am, but has a longer torso. With the height of 5 10 (70") minus your inseam, you'd get your torso length. To me that would be more important, seeing that my little fly shield makes the wind buffet my face (and I am 6' even, with a 34" inseam, making my torso length 38" from seat).

All in all, that is a pretty ride you have. I'll have to hit up that site and see if I can grab a setup for mine. although I would go silver / black to kinda match the bike. Btw, are they paintable?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thinking in terms of body types and sizes, what's your inseam? My dad is shorter than I am, but has a longer torso. With the height of 5 10 (70") minus your inseam, you'd get your torso length. To me that would be more important, seeing that my little fly shield makes the wind buffet my face (and I am 6' even, with a 34" inseam, making my torso length 38" from seat).

All in all, that is a pretty ride you have. I'll have to hit up that site and see if I can grab a setup for mine. although I would go silver / black to kinda match the bike. Btw, are they paintable?

My inseam is about a 33". The 9 inch screen works perfectly for me! Super clean pocket of air on my face and not head bobbles. It's incredibly comfortable! Took a ride tonight temps in the high 60s, all I had on was a leather perforated vest and a short sleeve tshirt up top. It was very comfortable. I'm looking right over the top of the screen where I should be. I'm very happy with this setup, and ready for my 400 mile trip to TN!:D

All MS Batwings come in black with a lucite finish. You can paint them or leave them black. I'd like to paint mine at some point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How'd you score a 2011 this year? Thought they all went back to manufacturer after 2 years?

BTW, sweet bike! Love the blue base and black tribal flames! Black those stock pipes a bit and it'll look so much better! Look above at my other posts to see what I am talking about. The paint it cheap at about $12 a can for header paint. 5 coats and you're good to go!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dealer said he's able to buy them back from yamaha at auction, and he vigorously hunts that stuff down. This one had never been serviced out or test driven. It seemed like the find of lifetime to me. I'm still undecided on what I'll do to the exhaust but I'll definitely check out the black. I love the black finish in most cases.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, it took me about 6 hours to do the painting. And it was cheaper than getting new pipes (although it's still on the list of mods) . Me being low on cash, I would rather use the cash for fuel than mods right now!

Good find though! Great bike and great color! Make sure to treat her right in the beginning and she'll be great in the long haul. Flipping over 14k on my beast with no serious issues yet!

--edit--
If you do decide to paint the tubes, make sure to scrub the chrome down a bit to make it nice and rough so the paint will stick! Took about 2 hours with 180grit paper to get mine to where I liked it before the paint! If you're willing to put in the elbow grease, it'll come out looking great! And to me, that long chrome tube was supposed to be black with chrome accents anyway. Looks so much better IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ya that's way nice looking. It'd look perfect with my color scheme too I think. Does anyone have any lick with hollowing out the exhaust at all. I'd like to see what kind of sound it puts out. Does that expanding valve in the exhaust mess with that kind of stuff?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

41 - 60 of 90 Posts