Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I drilled 4 0.5" holes into each of my stocks. The sound is WAY better than the stock sound, although popping on decel is more prominent. The k&n drop in filter has a noticeable change also. No other real mods have been done to my bike, so nothing else to comment on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thx!! Its an 09 Just bought it with only 5k miles on it (WHAT!?!) Pipes are V&H Big Radius 2-2 pipes.
Ive done the following in two weeks:
Barons BAK
+3" Fwd Controls
Throttle Lock
Jardine QR Sissy Bar
Chrome wheels, hub, puller and polished rotors
Throttle Lock
113 on Right side of engine
Painted upper belt guard, rear brake carrier, and caliper to match swingarm better
RGB LED kit wired up and installed (this was pretty time consuming but its done, and done right!)

It was bought as a clean slate for a new project. Id say its going swell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow... lots done in two weeks! Have had mine for over a year and still don't have anything but drilled stock pipes and a new air filter.

Nice bike, but I think I'm going to wait a few years before I do that much!

it's never too cold to ride, just too cold to enjoy it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey nicodarious. I have been looking at my stock pipes. What parts did you paint? There's no actual pipe showing on mine. Just all the pretty guards.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The guards is what I painted, since it covers the whole exhaust. All I did was tape up the parts that I didn't want black and painted the rest with header paint (good up to 2500 or 5000 degrees type of paint!) The the parts I did paint, I scrubbed down the chrome to the nickel plating so the paint had a good adherence to the metal.

it's never too cold to ride, just too cold to enjoy it.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts