Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow @Brakes508 ; those are some awesome pictures, frame worthy actually! I think I need to up my bike picture taking game now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@matthewd92 thanks man, can't really take the credit for my photo's was my mate taking the snaps and he does that stuff as a hobby! if it was me I'd probably have chopped half the bike out the frame!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
999 Posts
@matthewd92 thanks man, can't really take the credit for my photo's was my mate taking the snaps and he does that stuff as a hobby! if it was me I'd probably have chopped half the bike out the frame!! :ROFLMAO:
Always great to have mates like that. I used to do photography as a hobby until all my kit was stolen a few years ago, have just never gotten back around to repurchasing it all. Maybe I need to get back into it and take bike portraits...

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Roadstar xv1600a
34 Posts
Nice looking ride. I'm not sure I've seen that particular color before. I like it!
Thank you! I actually got this bike a bit cheaper because the dealership said they were having trouble in moving it because of the colour. I liked it soon as I saw it, so jumped on the deal. I get a lot of comments on the colour these days, apparently it’s back in. It’s a 2003 OEM colour.

·
Registered
03 Roadstar 1600 converted trike.
23 Posts
Before Trike in a box

After

About seven days to finish.

Specifications

2003 Road Star Silverado
Engine type: 4-stroke, air-cooled, V-2, OHV, 4-valves, 48° pushrod V-twin
Displacement: 1,602 cc
Bore x stroke: 95 mm x 113 mm
Compression ratio: 8.3:1
Maximum power: 46.3 kW (62.6 hp) @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum torque: 134 N·m (13.7 kgf·m, 99 ft·lbf) @ 2,250 rpm

Champion Specs
Specifications:
  • Overall width - 54.25"
  • Overall length - 103"
  • Overall length (w/ EZ-Steer) - 105.5"
  • Wheelbase - 68.25"
  • Wheelbase (w/ EZ-steer) - 108"
  • Load capacity - 500 lbs.
  • Brakes - high-performance rear disc
  • Tire size - P205/70/R15
  • Trunk capacity - 2 full-face helmets (plus overwheel storage)
  • Suspension - Zero-Flex swing arm plus new Progressive coil-over shock, retaining the OEM mono-shock

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went for a vintage look with BB Reproduction white repop RoyaLite Bags AKA "Bubble Bags".
Accurate to the originals so close that you can buy just the new tops to replace lost ones (a common issue with the 1950s originals).
2006 Roadstar Spoke model, V&H Longshot HS pipes, K&N breather, Royal Star Tour Deluxe Frenched headlight ring, HD recesses spots, Landon Bar, Saddlemen Renegade seats, Kuryakyn swing-out floorboard mounted footpegs on Kury crank mounts & the shortest OEM windshield Yamaha made back in the day (I hate big riot shields on my bikes).
Runs like brand new w/ 53k miles on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Brad, The front fender trim is a Kuryakyn Triceptor.
Seems like everyone sells it specifying a model like a GW, but it's really universal for any 4" or wider front fender.
I think they're going for about $40 these days, I got that one back when they were about $30 or so.
It's a slightly soft plastic that conforms to the fender & has a lip over the front edge to make it look like it lines up perfectly.
They really did a good job on the plastic chrome, it looks like real metal in person.
Line it up right the first time, that adhesive is very ... permanent. LOL

Reactions: Brad_G

·
Registered
35 Posts
@BubbaKahuna, so is that headlight ring a direct fit on the can of the Road Star? I currently have a visor on mine but I could see that being a great alternative if it's an easy swap.
Super easy swap - pull the screws from the original, lift it out, swap over the lamp/adjuster assembly & bolt it back on.
Works for all the 7" Star bike headlights, V Star 650 & 1100 Classic/Silverado and Roadstar.
Also fits the pre-2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe & 2000 Royal Star Tour Classic that used the same headlight and ring the Roadstar has.

The 1st problem is finding one, they were only used on the 2005-2010 Royal Star Tour Deluxe.
Part number is 1D6-84315-00-00 ... and the sticker shock is ......... $215 and only available new by special order from Yamaha in Japan.
Your dealer can do that but it could take a month or more before you see it after you pay for it.
They do pop up on eBay once in a while but prices are high since all the bike strippers know what they cost new.
I work at a Yamaha dealership and bought mine years ago when they were stocked in the US.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts