Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought they looked familiar. I was going to jump on them but hesitated and they were gone. :ROFLMAO:
I was surprised they were still available when I inquired! Right timing for me because I tend to hesitate too. 🤣 gonna be switching the mufflers to fishtails though. They've grown on me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was surprised they were still available when I inquired! Right timing for me because I tend to hesitate too. 🤣 gonna be switching the mufflers to fishtails though. They've grown on me.
Yep it was a good buy. My only concern was they look low and riding 2-up or hard cornering I wasn't sure if they'd drag. My drive gets washed when it rains heavy and I've scrubbed the frame coming out onto the main road when riding 2-up. So I was a bit wary. I'd like to get a set of Freedom Performance duals one day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep it was a good buy. My only concern was they look low and riding 2-up or hard cornering I wasn't sure if they'd drag. My drive gets washed when it rains heavy and I've scrubbed the frame coming out onto the main road when riding 2-up. So I was a bit wary. I'd like to get a set of Freedom Performance duals one day.
They do drag, even with just me riding. I plan on getting upswept fishtails which should help with that. I also plan on addressing my shock and hopefully that will help too. I sometimes wonder if the bike was lowered because I scrape easily. The Freedom duals look like the mufflers angle up higher.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My new fairing came in today so of course had to do a dry fit as soon as I pulled in the garage. What do y’all think? Need to get it painted but I want to get it in the bike and ride with it some before I spend the money and time on paint. Also planning to add a trunk so will wait til I get that and paint them together.

Before

After

Fairing has (4) 5-1/4 speakers and a stereo cutout in it. Haven’t put the windshield in it yet in these pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
I like it. You will too when you ride it any distance, it will do a great job blocking the wind.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts