Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I have been unable to ride for more then 2 years due to a injure. I needed to get a way to ride again. So i had a sidecar built for my bike. View attachment 54546
that's pretty awesome. i wish you could show us some better photos of it

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Solid bike, very well designed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked up my very first road bike yesterday.. Road Star Silverado, 1700.

Have not been off it all day yesterday, and just got home today after an early am start.

Was just a little unsteady first day, but today am riding 100% better.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Road Star is an excellent machine.

Only thing that jumps out is the hypercharger air intake. They are designed for 100MPH+ racing and because of the ram air effect its difficult (impossible) to adjust the jet in the carb for hi speed riding and cruising / smooth idling.

Keep an eye on your spark plugs for the first few thousand miles, see if its running rich or lean the way you are riding it.

If you are not happy with the way it runs or idles, dont bother trying to adjust the jets in the carbs, you cant and it will drive you nuts. If you dont like the way that hypercharger makes the bike run then replace it with a cruiser intended intake pod.

The hypercharger looks great - thats why they end up on so many bikes.

One guy here about a year ago was trying to get a bike running right with that and aftermarket exhaust, and discovered the previous owner had modified the bike just for shows - he never rode it, never changed the jets to match the intake and exhaust. That is the extreme case, but some people really do buy nice motorcycles just for polishing and parking in the garage, and do not ride them more than 200 miles a year.

That could be why your bike looks perfect, it was hardly used.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
OK, its 15 years old, you can peel that gas sticker off the tank now :^)

and only 7k miles? You get on that bike and dont stop riding until we tell you!

101 - 118 of 118 Posts