Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
CJH , I love the tourpak, is it aftermarket or Harley?

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Now get you an Ultimate seat and you will live happily ever after, I ride a Stratoliner with one. Look at post #426 to see how thick a seat they make for our bikes.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh man, they look sweet! My Freedom dual are sitting in the box in the garage. I install them tomorrow. Any advice?
I don't know why but only just saw this now.
Installing them wasn't too bad, however on the set I received the front header pipe was about 3/4" too long. The muffler would not line up with the bracket to bolt it on. I had to cut 3/4" off the pipe with a hacksaw. Then everything bolted up no problem

·
Registered
78 Posts
Luckily, I didn't have that problem with my pipes. You're a brave man. I don't think I would have had the cojones to cut my pipes. I stressed enough over cutting the plastic belt cover! I'm glad it worked out.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Luckily, I didn't have that problem with my pipes. You're a brave man. I don't think I would have had the cojones to cut my pipes. I stressed enough over cutting the plastic belt cover! I'm glad it worked out.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
Oh trust me I tried for a long time, over an hour to get that muffler on before cutting. I really didn't want to but eventually realized that was the only way to complete the install!! I guess I had the " good luck" of being the only one with that issue?! Yay me!! Lol. I do love the sound _ look though

·
Registered
935 Posts
Oh trust me I tried for a long time, over an hour to get that muffler on before cutting. I really didn't want to but eventually realized that was the only way to complete the install!! I guess I had the " good luck" of being the only one with that issue?! Yay me!! Lol. I do love the sound _ look though
Just so you don't feel so bad, that kind of luck is a normal thing for me.

Reactions: doccuke

·
Registered
399 Posts
Keith you need to get to one, they are only 1900 cc. ( you could use it as an Interceptor ) not too many cars or bikes will out run it. (y)
My Stratoliner Deluxe with these mods ran 12.77 @ 100 MPH in the 1/4 mile. Bike is 96HP and 117 Tq.
PCV W/ Autotune module, Ivan's re-flashed ECU, Brains Airbox Mod W K&N filter, and a set of cams spec'd by me using Webcams cam profiles. The only bike that I raced that beat me was a Buell and he caught me right at the end. I was not the fastest bike there, I was just faster than the bikes I lined up against. I am #79

·
Administrator
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
My Stratoliner Deluxe with these mods ran 12.77 @ 100 MPH in the 1/4 mile. Bike is 96HP and 117 Tq.
PCV W/ Autotune module, Ivan's re-flashed ECU, Brains Airbox Mod W K&N filter, and a set of cams spec'd by me using Webcams cam profiles. The only bike that I raced that beat me was a Buell and he caught me right at the end. I was not the fastest bike there, I was just faster than the bikes I lined up against. I am #79
View attachment 102034
what is "R/T"? is that the time from the green light until your vehicle starts to move?

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,126 Posts
RT: Reaction time
The time that the green light comes on to go snd your vehicle breaks the timing beam. A "perfect" RT would be .000. That means you crossed the starting line at the same time the "go" light comes on. The only way to get a good reaction time is to guess when the light comes on. If you leave to early you automatically lose. Here's a descent reaction time of mine, .060 of a second.

And one that I left early and lost, notice the negative reaction time.

441 - 460 of 490 Posts