Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
521 - 540 of 577 Posts

· Registered
2006 Yamaha Stratoliner S
110 Posts
Reaction score
Beautiful bike. The liner series is definitely a unique and stunning line. To bad Yamaha discontinued them, they really could have gone far with this design.

· Registered
521 Posts
Reaction score
Beautiful bike. The liner series is definitely a unique and stunning line. To bad Yamaha discontinued them, they really could have gone far with this design.
Yep. A few updates and options here and there and this series could go for many more years...and parts wouldn't be so hard to find or as expensive either.

· Super Moderator
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,495 Posts
Reaction score

· Registered
7 Posts
Reaction score
That's a fine looking machine. What are the make of bags on the bike?
Thanks Brad, you’re a man of good taste.
The bags on the Roadliner are Corbin Freightliner hard bags . They have a lot more interior space than most bags. They are made to order from Corbin for the Stratoliner or Roadliner. Thanks for your questions.

· Super Moderator
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,495 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks Brad, you’re a man of good taste.
The bags on the Roadliner are Corbin Freightliner hard bags . They have a lot more interior space than most bags. They are made to order from Corbin for the Stratoliner or Roadliner. Thanks for your questions.
I personally prefer the painted hard bags over the faux leather wrapped. Those bags follow the lines of the bike so well and with added chrome really blend well. The 'liner series gets a lot of love here and with good reason. But they've never really moved me aesthetically. This is one of the few that I really love the looks of. I really like the color and the way it's two-toned. (y)

· Registered
16 Posts
Reaction score
Nice, where did you get the pipes from. Are they recent?
Did you have to do any other mods? New flash, or air filter kit?
This is how it came, I haven't been able to explore it fully yet, however, I'm not noticing anything obvious file wise. Runs great, pulls well, sounds like a squadron of Lancaster's.

Just in process of firing 2" raisers I got on eBay. One of the original long Allen bolts is seized to the black nut under the original bar clamps.

I'm keeping an eye on something for the fuleing, they are old enough now for something reasonable and second hand.

· Registered
16 Posts
Reaction score
Well as long as your happy with the end point is all that matters.
Personally I still have to go down that road. Everything I have is still stock.
It's such a good bike, I totaly understand, had the previouse owner not changed the pipes, I wouldn't either. But as they have, might as well make sure the fueling is as it should be ;)

The raisers I have use the existing clamp, the bolt that is stuck (twisted and bent 2 Allen keys on it yesterday) is on the existing clamp, which is a pain so it's soaking in wd40 as we speak.

I also need to sort the tyres out at some point, weird German front (I never heard of) and corbra rear.

Was thinking about progressive springs up front as it's a bit soft on bumpy country roads, I know it's not a sports bike but it has the power ;)

· Registered
38 Posts
Reaction score
It's such a good bike, I totaly understand, had the previouse owner not changed the pipes, I wouldn't either. But as they have, might as well make sure the fueling is as it should be ;)

The raisers I have use the existing clamp, the bolt that is stuck (twisted and bent 2 Allen keys on it yesterday) is on the existing clamp, which is a pain so it's soaking in wd40 as we speak.

I also need to sort the tyres out at some point, weird German front (I never heard of) and corbra rear.

Was thinking about progressive springs up front as it's a bit soft on bumpy country roads, I know it's not a sports bike but it has the power ;)
While they are a bit "pricy", you get more than what you pay for with Michelin Commander III Cruiser tires. My '14 Strat has these and it made it handle better than new. Awesome in wet or dry conditions.

521 - 540 of 577 Posts