Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was going to start this thread and actually contribute but seems a selfish mod beat me to the punch. :p

Just picked her up.
Very nice Xavier... Now that you've had it for almost a month, how do you like it so far? I've been looking at the VStar 1100 and 1300 but today, I went into the dealership and revisited the Stryker. My GF actually likes the Stryker's styling over the 1100 and 1300 which surprised me. It definitely has a stylish look to it. Anyway, I sat on the Stryker and it started to grow on me. It was more comfortable than I thought.

So, after today, it appears that the Stryker has been added to my list of potential first bikes.

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions or anyone else that would like to chime in...

Regards,
Wil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I don't really have any cruiser experience other than the few times I've ridden my fathers '01 Indian Spirit to compare it to.

Coming from an R6 I do miss the top end and flickability but even with the stance the Stryker still handles amazingly well. The torque is a fun aspect, too. It is definitely more comfortable on longer trips than my R6 was, that's for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's mine. I am about to ride it home in the rain. When I got home, I drilled the muffler end caps. I am not happy with the sound yet, but I am totally happy with the bike. I now have 58 miles on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's a reddish copper stryker at the dealership that I threw a set of River Road throwovers on. They are the Slant Mediums. Not my bike but gives you an idea of what some textile bags look like on a stryker.. I like it but not on my bike... make sense? lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
For those of you that wonder what a Stryker looks like with saddle bags here is mine. I have to always carry cold weather and rain gear because of where I live. And yes that's a frozen pond in the back ground and a sign that says bear country. Had to wait for the cows to get out of the road. And yes in the last pic I was running out of tracks in the road where there was no snow.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I agree, some bikes look best without bags, some look best with bags. I had a warrior, only put bags on it when I HAD to carry stuff but couldn't wait to take them off, so I went the EZBracket route, I hated evrything about them and the bags. Now I own a Strato-S, removed the bags and the brackets, took one look and couldn't put the bags back on fast enough. Good thing because I need the bags to carry all my meds :D:D

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice ride. well at least you've got bags on yours because you need them and not because you just like the look. i imagine you need a sawed off and a couple long barrel .45's for riding through bear country, just in case.

·
Registered
369 Posts
nice ride. well at least you've got bags on yours because you need them and not because you just like the look. i imagine you need a sawed off and a couple long barrel .45's for riding through bear country, just in case.
Actually Loud pipes save lives. Last year I was on the old Virago came around a corner something black caught my eye thought cow better slow down, slowed down to about 10 mph and it turned sideways, **** BEAR:eek: about 20 ft in front of me no where to go cause the roads to skinny, Revved the shotgun pipes, they roared and the bear took a step up the side of the road, I saw enough room to slide by his ass and did so real fast. Thought to myself, hey you got a cell phone take a pic, WTF NOT, you dumb ass, and you no the rest. My heart didn't settle down for 2 hrs. Any way it's rare to see a bear on the roads. But when we horses back we pack. My favorite toy is a little hand gun, a 45 cal long Berle revolver that also chambers 4-10 shot gun shells. Plenty of knock down power for just about any thing.:cool:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
2013 Pearl White stryker

This was my Anniversary present from Toby =) I too have to have bags for the essentials that are very essential up here:
12v air pump, tire plug kit with all necessary tools, home made alcohol stove with fuel and cookpot/cup kit with emergency rations, Rain gear, cold weather gloves, boot covers, bungee cords, small hand axe, fire starter kit, extra jacket, extra sweatshirt, water, bug repellent, bear repellent, plus room for snacks etc ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Updated pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts