·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2010 Vmax - 850 miles

Mods
-----
Red Pazzo Levers
Yamaha Billet Ball Milled Mirrors
Amsoil Synthetic 10W40 Oil at 600 miles and Amsoil Synthetic Severe Gear 75W90 Oil in Rear Shaft Drive

·
Registered
81 Posts
beautiful V Max

JaBo

·
Registered
33 Posts
After a few bolt on cosmetic changes:
Carbon fiber intakes, side covers, and inst cover
Billet Exhaust tips
Billet Cam Covers and Pivot Covers
Clear Polished Billet Primary Gear Cover with See-through window
Hydro Dipped Faux Tank Cover

·
Registered
33 Posts
I entered the MAX in the BOTM. Today I installed dipped front and rear fenders. Also changed out the mirrors recently as one of teh chrome ball milled broke. Here are some pics not in the BOTM post.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169

/BloomingtonMike/Vmax%20and%20Gear/fd15.jpg

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Awsome bike great paint

·
Registered
33 Posts
Money - remember not only did I paint but I replaced them too to keep a stock set. At first I thought the tank cover would be enough. Then I wanted it all done. Its a vicious cycle or slippery slope as the woodworking Handtool guys say. Already want the fender stays and rear fender brackets CF dipped now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The '89 model V-max

It seems to be a Star bike family here in the Netherlands.
Last winter I refreshed the '89 V-max of my son. He bought this bike after a period of two years that the bike was stored. . At first it has to become a good riding bike. So I put some new tires on, synchronized the 4 carbs and solved leaking vacuum hoses. Performance was then OK and he rides a season.
Later we did some freshing up work, repainted the engine and the frame. We also put some polishing and put some polished stainless home made parts on the bike.
My son wants to keep it as much standard as possible.

Modifications: All "gold"color parts polished or repainted Grey. Supertrapp exhaust, replaced en relocate taillight/brake light, paint job for frame and engine, polishing accents on the engine, polishing exhaust pipes and made stainless cover for the radiator and "air intakes".
My son's birth year is the same as the building year of the Bike. And because he is an Autocad engineer and may use the laser cutter he cuts the inserts and de cover. I weld and polished all the parts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, indead, very nice.

Indeed, Keith, it is very nice, and its double. The direct family, witch means wife and sons, but also the Star riders on this forum and here at home with the WSFH rider are a bit of family.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts