Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2101 - 2111 of 2111 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
635 Posts
We had two blue Volvo Duett when l grew up. The first was a P445 from 1957 that was originally red with off-white around the windows before dad painted it the same blue as the one in the picture. The second was a P210 from 1966 in a lighter shade of blue. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
3 Posts

2014 xvs650 custom
Harley Davidson saddle bags.
HD rear fender
HD rear seat and backrest
Personally fabricated exhaust
Personally fabricated heal and toe shifter
Custom candy paint
Daymaker led headlight w/ headlight visor
Flush-mounted rear signals
Personally fabed air ride rear shock bracket
Mustang driver back-rest
12" mini-apes however currently sporting 18" apes
4 8" subwoofers in custom fiberglass boxes
Dual xpr82d 600 watt amplifier
Alpine flex 5 for the little speakers 5 total
Scoche capacitor
Es4lbs extra battery
And rear disc brakes

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can polish off the rust on your shaft and spray it with clear paint to stop it from rusting again - the rest of your bike is looking fantastic and deserve a shiny shaft :cool:
Great looking bike - where di you get the Star tank decal - it looks fantastic

·
Registered
43 Posts
After installing my pod kit the other day I had a brainwave and figured out that the carb cover from the left fits perfectly fine on the right side too. :cool: Now I just have to find another one to replace the left side one... 😃 Here is what she looks like now:

Reactions: Yamaha Pat

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts
Ebay has a few that look pretty good.

Reactions: Lanthus

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Les, but the postage from the US to the EU is just too damn high, and then the import and handling duties this side would also be a large chunk of cash. I will try source something this side of the pond. (y)

Found one! (y)😃🥳

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
186 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
After I did my pod mod one of my mods was to buy and install a Bendex air filter (see photos). The filter has a flat metal plate that the filter sits on and the plate is easy to line up with the stock mounting holes for the 'dog dish' and just involves drilling a few faster holds and bolting it on. To 'jazz it up' I used my tank VStar decoration, cut off the STAR part of the decal, JB welded a bolt to the back side and just bolted it on the center by punching the bolt through the filter.

You can buy this here:

Filter without the decoration:

V-Twin Round Air Cleaner - Chrome fits Harley Bendix-Keihin Type Carburetor

·
Registered
84 Posts
After installing my pod kit the other day I had a brainwave and figured out that the carb cover from the left fits perfectly fine on the right side too. :cool: Now I just have to find another one to replace the left side one... 😃 Here is what she looks like now:
For the left side of my bike I installed an old-school style Harley Horn. These are for sale everywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
After I did my pod mod one of my mods was to buy and install a Bendex air filter (see photos). The filter has a flat metal plate that the filter sits on and the plate is easy to line up with the stock mounting holes for the 'dog dish' and just involves drilling a few faster holds and bolting it on. To 'jazz it up' I used my tank VStar decoration, cut off the STAR part of the decal, JB welded a bolt to the back side and just bolted it on the center by punching the bolt through the filter.
You can buy this here:
Filter without the decoration:
V-Twin Round Air Cleaner - Chrome fits Harley Bendix-Keihin Type Carburetor
That looks very cool! I wonder if someone has them in Europe. I will look around a bit. (y)

2101 - 2111 of 2111 Posts