Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2211 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
224 Posts
Took this photo today after FINALLY getting the carbs tuned in the way I want. Next up for changing is to a narrower seat and then I want to get some foot-pegs to replace the (scrape in every corner) footboards. If I didn't know any better I would say that I'm almost finished... but lets face it, these things are never really ever done. 😎

Decided to play with the desaturation slider and curves tool in my photo editing program to get a more "arty" black and white image this time around. :cool:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
B-E-A-U-tiful day!! I went riding. 😃

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Still chilly but at least the snow and ice are gone. ...that said, more snow predicted for next week. :cautious: Better enjoy it while I can. :cool:

·
Registered
727 Posts
View attachment 104218

Been riding to and from work a few days. Went for a leisure ride today. Another ‘07 V Star 650. Old Spanish trail to Vail, AZ. Beautiful but super windy.
I'm curious. Does Old Spanish Trail have a route number? I ask, because where I'm at, in the FL panhandle, we also have an Old Spanish Trail, its route number is US-90. I don't know how far US-90 runs, I was wondering if they are they same.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
64 Posts
I'm curious. Does Old Spanish Trail have a route number? I ask, because where I'm at, in the FL panhandle, we also have an Old Spanish Trail, its route number is US-90. I don't know how far US-90 runs, I was wondering if they are they same.
No number that I am aware of. Just a nice little road between Tucson and Vail. When I lived in Colorado I used to mountain bike on an Old Spanish Trail, no pavement on that one. I think it is just a common name used for some older trails. It would be inter if the had all been connected at one point. Kind of like Old Route 66.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
We have an Old Spanish Trail here in southwest Louisiana too. No route number but it's just a half mile or so north of our state highway US90. The Spaniards got around back in the day!

I'm actually surprised my little town is listed on this map, the western side of Louisiana - Vinton.

Reactions: Walls

·
Registered
727 Posts
We have an Old Spanish Trail here in southwest Louisiana too. No route number but it's just a half mile or so north of our state highway US90. The Spaniards got around back in the day!

View attachment 104220

I'm actually surprised my little town is listed on this map, the western side of Louisiana - Vinton.
That's a neat map. Looking at it, it would appear that my thinking was correct. It goes from the east coast to the west coast. According to that map, in the east it is US-90 and in the west it is US-80. My little town in FL is also listed on there. Take a peak at AZ, the town of Vail, which @Walls said he was riding to, is also listed.

Over time, we have built new roads. I've noticed some places they'll move the route marking to follow the new construction while still leaving the old road. I saw some of that in OK with route US-66. I'll guess, that at one time that small road you speak of used to be US-90.

2161 - 2180 of 2211 Posts