Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

2221 - 2226 of 2226 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Surprised no one has done it yet so i will. Show off your bike here. Here is my 06 V-star 1100 classic.

This is my 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Silverado. It had less than 2700 miles when I purchased it las year. The only thing I changed was a new set of Michelin tires and it is all original. Runs great and I take short rides close to home. Today is my 67th Birthday and I consider this a present to myself. Have a great and safe day ALL!

·
Registered
166 Posts
A rare beauty - happy birthday to you and welcome. Short rides and shooting the breeze with other riders make for a great combination.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
This is my 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Silverado. It had less than 2700 miles when I purchased it las year. The only thing I changed was a new set of Michelin tires and it is all original. Runs great and I take short rides close to home. Today is my 67th Birthday and I consider this a present to myself. Have a great and safe day ALL!
Nice ride.
Good find! :cool:

·
Registered
2005 VStar 1100 Silverado
4 Posts
Wanted to show off this small detail from recent work on my 1100 silverado. I always thought the silver-looking piece of whatever that covers the rear brake line looked ridiculous and that that area was messy in general what with the reservoir and mechanical switching mechanism.

So I moved the reservoir up under the seat (accessible behind a panel on the left side), replaced the mechanical switch with a pressure switch built into the banjo bolt, and replaced the stock rubber line with a braided one. Oh and I painted the master cylinder black for good measure.

I'm very pleased with how this cleaned up the area. Fewer parts, shorter wires, and everything blends in with the frame. Most people probably wouldn't notice but...I did...and I figured folks here might appreciate it. Pls ignore the messy chrome- that was cleaned up separately.

2221 - 2226 of 2226 Posts