Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished doing the right chromed side cover home mod like I did to my black Raider side cover and I have to say, it looks really good with the chrome cover. Here are two pictures.
One without the black screen cloth and one with the cloth in place.
What do you guys think ???

Once I get my bike back I will place the chromed cover back on my bike and snap a few.
Swomack

·
Registered
122 Posts
It looks awesome. Now that is customizing. You must have a steady hand to make such a good, clean cut. What tool did you use? Also, what is under that cover?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks awesome. Now that is customizing. You must have a steady hand to make such a good, clean cut. What tool did you use? Also, what is under that cover?
I had done this mod to my Raider so I kept the template and reused it on this cover. I taped the whole face of the cover and placed the template. I used a jigsaw with a blade to cut like butter. Steady hand to cut and a good eye for the filing and your good to go. I used 1/16" thick perf aluminum for the screen.
Swomack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like to share these kind of home mods because if you have any kind of skills with power and hand tools you can do this mod yourself.
I'm glad I was able to share.
I'm going to do the left side cover soon as well.
I have a design in mind I just have to make a couple of templates for the left side.
Stay Tuned.
I'll post picture once the left cover is complete.
Swomack
Swomack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts