Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post AND a noobie!

I just purchased a 2005, 1100 silverado, this past wednesday. Love the bike just dont love the seat. On craigslist, I found a wider seat and luggage rack I want to put on to make the ride a little more enjoyable. When I came home, I found out they didnt fit. I was wondering if there is a seat conversion kit to make it fit or am I SOL? Any info will be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your bike is a custom and not the silverado classic. At less the front end is? That is if it is the one in the photo?. I have never seen a adapter kit for a seat.
Okay.... Now I feel dumb. besides the title, is there any other way of making sure what it is? Also, are the parts not interchangeable between the models?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I would like to see more photo's of your bike as it has parts from a classic and custom.
It is a nice looking bike. As far as the seat working between the two I don't think so as the
finder setup is not the same, but I could be wrong:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to see more photo's of your bike as it has parts from a classic and custom.
It is a nice looking bike. As far as the seat working between the two I don't think so as the
finder setup is not the same, but I could be wrong:eek:
Okay, thanks for your help. Its weird because the dealer said it was a silverado. But doing more research, I do see the custom aspect of it.

Here are a few more pictures. I took the sissy bar and the bags off.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I checked the VIN number, I found the correct model number! When I googled it, it told me it was a classic...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nothing about that bike says Classic or Silverado to me.
It's got the short fenders,the seat, foot pegs (instead of floor boards) of a custom.
The windshield isn't the Silverado one (after market? Memphis shades maybe?)

IF you bought a seat for a Silverado or Classic it won't fit your bike.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I would be asking that dealer for some money back as the Silverado goes for a few more
buck's off the floor. Is the seat you have for it a OEM or aftermarket ?

PS you should post in the V Star forum.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If that's a classic someone went to great extent to strip it down and replace parts that were already on the bike which wouldn't make any sense. Like mentioned above a classic/Silverado would have different fenders both front & rear, and floorboards not pegs. Classic comes with a windshield so that would mean they took off the OE w/s and replaced it with an aftermarket. Same goes for the saddle bags as well. Those aren't OE either. While its a nice looking bike I would be doing some research just to make sure you didn't get screwed on the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Firts off I am still trying to learn the differences between these models as well. But are we sure thats even an 1100? It just looks so much different than mine which is also a 2005.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Maybe you should start another thread and post up pics of your ride and let's take a look.

·
Registered
167 Posts
With the flared rear fender, it cannot be Silverado. My current machine (not the one pictured) is a Classic, and the backrest, windshield and bags were add-ons. I believe all of the Silverado accessories come on a Classic, except those things (footboards, longer fenders, seat), while the Custom has several differences.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Firts off I am still trying to learn the differences between these models as well. But are we sure thats even an 1100? It just looks so much different than mine which is also a 2005.
That's an 1100 custom for sure. Rear brake on 650 is drum and front brake is single disc. And the dog dish intake is more convex on the 650.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts