Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen on facebook, that someone was able to use a sissy bar off I believe a raider, and it mounted right onto the grab handles of the elduder. Anyone else know of this? Ive seen some pretty awesome stuff out for the Raider, and I am not really digging the tall backrest setup from Yamaha ( just not really an appealing design). I want it to strap a backpack to, when I go on out of state over nighters.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't have any direct knowledge about the fit, but I would suspect there is modification/fabrication needed. The fact that there aren't any aftermarket backrests/sissy bars available says quite a bit. The Yamaha offered Eluder passenger backrest set-up is the ugliest I've ever seen offered for a bike. Yamaha usually does a decent job in their accessory offerings, but not in this case. Good luck with the pursuit of a solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gotten in touch with Ginz Choppers, an independent shop out of Cali, he makes the mounts for our bikes to work with his sissy bars. He has a bunch of styles and can customize them as well. Ive ordered a 25 inch bar, 1 inch diameter, powder coated gloss black for a lot less than the Yamaha setup.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have gotten in touch with Ginz Choppers, an independent shop out of Cali, he makes the mounts for our bikes to work with his sissy bars. He has a bunch of styles and can customize them as well. Ive ordered a 25 inch bar, 1 inch diameter, powder coated gloss black for a lot less than the Yamaha setup.
Looks like you found a great solution. I checked them out and their stuff looks good. Cool part for me is they are only 30 minutes away. Hope to see pictures once you have it on your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts