Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a sissy bar to fit on my 09 vstar 1100 custom. I found one off a classic but I was told the swingarm is different between the classic and custom. Anyone aware of this or can measure the bolt
spacing on classic?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm looking for a sissy bar to fit on my 09 vstar 1100 custom. I found one off a classic but I was told the swingarm is different between the classic and custom. Anyone aware of this or can measure the bolt
spacing on classic?
If you're talking about the side arms that hold the sissy bar, yes...they are slightly different in that they follow the curves of the different fender eyebrows on each style. They will bolt on just fine but if you want to use the eyebrows with them, it might look a little funny.

The sissy bar itself is the exact same on either model. You can even use ones off a Harley Soft Tail if you want.

The swing arms are identical on either bike....There is a difference in the rear fender subframe, which is part of the main frame.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'd picked up a sissy bar off a '99 1100 Custom and it fit and looked good on my '03 1100 Classic except I had interference issues with my aftermarket passenger seat so I didn't use it. I sold it this past weekend and we installed it on the other fellows '10 1100 Classic and it fit on his without issues. The measurement between the mounting bolts was 9 5/16" center to center.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful replies. Measurements between mounting bolts is also 9 5/16" on mine. I have a stock passenger seat so it may fit. I guess I'm wondering what is would
Look like with the different "eyebrow" curve

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have an extra one off my 06 classic if your interested. Make me an offer on it if you wish. Tell me what & where you want measurements taken and I will be happy to help if I can.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess I'm wondering what is would Look like with the different "eyebrow" curve[/QUOTE said:
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on mine (wasn't really looking for that and nothing jumped out at me either) and when we put it on the '10 1100 Classic it matched the curve of the chrome pieces already on his bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts