Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a sissy bar for my Star 950 (non-tourer) but it wouldn't fit due to my Mustang two piece seat being too wide. I contacted Cobra and I was informed that they manufacture sissy bars with the OEM seats installed and they won't fit with the wider passenger Mustang seat. I priced the Yamaha Tourer sissy bar and ouch! man that thing was super expensive.

If you're running a Mustang on your 950, what are you using for your sissy bar and luggage rack combo? Pics are welcomed.

Ride safe and thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I have a factory sissy bar setup with the Vstar logo pad. It’s OEM Yamaha with the key for the helmet lock that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I bought my 950t with the Mustang two piece already on it and it had the factory sissy bar and luggage rack combo on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2014 950T that has the factory sissy bar and I put Mustang seat on with no problem.

I picked up a sissy bar for my Star 950 (non-tourer) but it wouldn't fit due to my Mustang two piece seat being too wide. I contacted Cobra and I was informed that they manufacture sissy bars with the OEM seats installed and they won't fit with the wider passenger Mustang seat. I priced the Yamaha Tourer sissy bar and ouch! man that thing was super expensive.

If you're running a Mustang on your 950, what are you using for your sissy bar and luggage rack combo? Pics are welcomed.

Ride safe and thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decision made...

After pricing out the factory sissybar, side plates and pad, I've decided to pick up a Wompus rack and leather trunk from Viking. I had the trunk on my Heritage and it was pretty nice quality, plus gave me a secure place for my helmet or gps or whatever when I was away from the bike. Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And installed. I love this trunk. It's not too big or too small, plus it looks great with the leather bags already on the bike. Memphis Shades 15" shield with MS large lowers, Viking trunk, and Mustang seat. I think I'm done.

No, really.

Seriously, I mean it. I'm finished.

Why are you laughing?

????????????

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,516 Posts
That does look good. Flows with bike really good. I don't see any lights on the trunk. At least need a stop light, well might as well put tail light also, oh wait, turn signal lights would be a safety thing, then you would need some on the side, you know a thin strip of LED, how about a light on the trunk inside for night? I'm sorry, you said you were done. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

·
Banned
18 Posts
There's no reason at all the stock sissy bar shouldn't fit with the mustang seats, so something's wrong with one or the other.

·
Registered
722 Posts
And installed. I love this trunk. It's not too big or too small, plus it looks great with the leather bags already on the bike. Memphis Shades 15" shield with MS large lowers, Viking trunk, and Mustang seat. I think I'm done.

No, really.

Seriously, I mean it. I'm finished.

Why are you laughing?

????????????

View attachment 91620
That does look rather nice.
Viking makes some great quality products.
I thought about ditching my stock Yamaha bags for Vikings.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bags you see on the bike are Viking as well. I have no idea how old they are but they haven't aged all that well. They still look nice but the lids are kind of warped. They lock, but only in the weakest of terms. LOL. I like Viking but upgrading to a hard back would completely negate the look of the leather looking trunk. I'm considering an upgrade to some Saddleman bags. I had a set on a previous bike. Not locking but very functional and spacious. Plus they'd keep the cruiser look I have going on already.

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
60 Posts
I have an 05 1100 with a stock Sissy bar
My Sissy bar wont fit with the Mustang rear seat (ie giant pillow) either as the seat is too wide

1 - 15 of 15 Posts